Need some advice - Shooting - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Need some advice - Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The only part of my finger on the trigger is my finger tip.

I have a snapcap here and I also practice dry firing my pistol.
I will continue to practice with it.

@ Rentacop,

here in germany practicing whith another gun is not so easy.
The shooting ranges here are not equipted like th e ones in the US. The only rental weapons they have here are 22`s or airguns. And not even look alikes, but pure match ones like the following ones:

And these don`t really handle very much like a stock pistol. The trigger is a totally different feel and function upto electronic triggers.

I tried first shooting a CZ75 whith the Kadet system on it to be able to shoot .22`s and then swapped over to the 9mm system. But also the other way round. First the 9mm and then the .22 System. By doing that, the handling of the .22 was fine.

But I don`t have anybody at the range I know or shoot whith, that has a pistol in a larger caliber than 9mm.

.22 Caliber Sportpistol

Airgun

Ken

Old 01-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hi guys,

just got back from the range.
Had to hurry up, since the range is having theyr new year internal turnament.
The ggod thing was, I was totally alone at the range, so I could shoot the way and speed I wanted to. And that was for today just the right thing.
100 round in just under 30mins (that is a lot for germany, so don`t comment the amount of rounds fired).
What I found is, that by shooting that amount at that speed (only 5 rounds per mag), I kind of lost my fear of the shot (bang and recoil).
I was able to adjust my grip to the way it felt most comfortable (considering it was bloody cold at the range) and also find where to aim at (sight adjustment on the original fixed sight).

I didn`t put very many in the inner circles of the traditional ring targets, but a hell of a lot more then usual.
Most of the rounds came in just under the 6 and 7 ring.

First target

Second target

Third target

Now, I know that is not perfect shooting, but as mentioned above, a hell of a lot better than usually, where I hardly get any hits in the black area of the target.
The target distance on the range is fixed to 25meters.

So I am happy for today. My wife not, since I "wasted" 100 round of ammo and now inly have 75 rounds left in the safe. That means, I have to get some ammo again pretty soon..

Ken

Last edited by kdog; 01-04-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've taken to the range over time,may friends who were first time shooters to show them the basics( I'm not a competition shooter or best shooter in the world..),you see flinching a lot ,and my humble piece of advice that I usually tell them to avoid flinching is that as far as they are at the right side of the barrell,it's only noise and it would not hurt them, I think there is a mental association between firing and danger because obviously that noise is coming from a firearm,but if you can mentally tell your self that you are at the right side of the barrel and think that is only noise it might help you...also the advice given here about having a friend preparing your magazine with live/dummy rounds is very good...