Mrs. JD Needs Your Help! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Mrs. JD Needs Your Help!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

As this is not unexpected, for many it may be a relief (at least initially). The pressure is now off. No more waiting and wondering who will be next. The good news is six figure employees are probably the least likely to have brought a gun to work with them. The most dangerous time is the first 15 minutes after the announcement. Uniformed LEO's in view will help prevent something really stupid. I was hired to stand by as an attorney fired his partner. The newly unemployed lawyer would not even look at me. Of course my leg is bigger than him so I'm sure I intimidated him a bit. He was a scumbag and was caught stealing from the company. His biggest fear was that I was there to arrest him. Once he was assured he would not be arrested, he was happy to get out of there.

A closing comment I used to use in traffic stops is "I hope this is the worst part of your day, have a better day." In this current climate with unemployment benefits available for 6 months or more, losing a job is not the end of the world.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Thanks for the all replys guys. We have put together a good list of things to say and not to say, and we have reviewed the floor plans, plus reviewed the lockable doors that lead to and from the "announcement" room. The room has one window and it's 8 feet off the floor, so that is good.

Today, hopefully, goes smoothly and there isn't any "breaking stories" about a business in Tacoma, Wa. on the news today/tonight.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

JD

Closed Thread