Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Mo. Man at CPL class shoots self/dies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
We do not know the extent of this CCW class, or the experience level of the shooters attending. You are assuming that the students were inexperienced, and are making judgments based on that assumption. I think it is irresponsible to criticize the methodology of the class without knowing the details.

At the end of the day, you may be right. But, based upon the information in that news story, there is not enough information to make accusations about the quality and level of instruction.
It doesn't really matter, as a NRA instructor you are taught/or should have been taught to treat all CCW students as beginners. The course is a basic on the pistol, the laws of the state and SAFETY.

Stag1

Endowment Lifetime NRA Member, Certified CCW/Pistol instructor.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them". – Richard Henry Lee 1788

Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #32

Darwin wins again

Old 05-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #33

Default Without knowing the full story

The link didn't work. I my self am a less than expirenced pistol shooter (I will be posting a question later), but I know this about semiautomatic pistols, squeeze the trigger gun goes bang. CAR is right basic fundementals for CGL, he wasn't qualifying for the pistol for police duty, and if he was then needed more practice. It's tuff and tragedy, people get killed or hurt all the time by guns they can't handle. Weak hand, one hand it is possible this could have been avoided if it was noticed that stong hand supported was a struggle.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain