Mentally ill man tried to break into my home this morning, police saved his life. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Mentally ill man tried to break into my home this morning, police saved his life.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Shooting him just in case he came back would definitely have came back to bite him in the arse. Are people suggesting that a mentally ill person that was banging at your door should be shot just in case. Why stop there sure just shoot anyone you don't like the look of.

Talk like that could get you in big trouble if it ever happened. Prosecutors would have a field day with posts like that people should think before they post.
Your correct, considering the guy lives behind me and there's already a report, all I mean is that the door seal or window seal is the line in the sand, he's been warned by an armed resident awakened by the commotion and the Police have warned him not to go back that residence for any reason, I sincerely hope he doesn't but if he does and breaches my door or window seal, Texas law grants me the authority to use deadly force, that's the bottom line, I didn't mean my yard, if he enters my yard I'll just call the cops again but my house is off limits.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1586 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 548

I would do the right thing and look after the guy. The mentally ill have fewer places to seek care every day. You haven't mentioned any property damage, just trespassing. Shooting the guy or even thinking of shooting him is a bad example. Threads like this are fodder for the anti gun crowd. I have noticed a few slanderous remarks in this thread that are intolerable. He can't help himself. People with guns are supposed to protect the weak and vulnerable, not use them for target practice. I hope this thread is deleted as soon as possible.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #33

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I would do the right thing and look after the guy. The mentally ill have fewer places to seek care every day. You haven't mentioned any property damage, just trespassing. Shooting the guy or even thinking of shooting him is a bad example. Threads like this are fodder for the anti gun crowd. I have noticed a few slanderous remarks in this thread that are intolerable. He can't help himself. People with guns are supposed to protect the weak and vulnerable, not use them for target practice. I hope this thread is deleted as soon as possible.
This wasn't a nice Corky from life goes on type of guy, this man was trying to beat my door in and threatened me multiple times.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #34

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
the poor kid was scared because of all the commotion but she did very well, I'm proud of her.
And well you should be, and proud of yourself as well for both your handling of the situation and teaching your daughter the right things to do.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1880 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 2119

Quote:
Foot in mouth disease.....Living on a farm, theres only so much you can do for sick warm blooded animals......Sometimes you have to tighten your belt and put them down........John I hope you never have someone invade your home, and the person is mental. Like I stated before, If I hadn't known this person, he would have died......Its a sad truth.......Put up a sign on your property, trespassers will be shot on sight......Yea right..... They can't read......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1586 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 548

I am a property owner in a rural area. A subdivision was built on the west boundary of my property. The subdivision was soon filled with urbanites who wanted the country life on a 1.5 acre lot. I have had several run ins with these people. I have had them come up on 4 wheelers to tell me I can't hunt on my own property. Yet, using my land for a 4 wheeler course was just fine and dandy. Once they actually brandished firearms in an attempt to "control me." That ended up with several of them being arrested. For the first ever my property is posted and registered with the sheriffs dept. You only have one mentally ill neighbor. I have at least a hundred mentally ill neighbors on the west boundary of my property. Even though I was armed and had every right to use a firearm the thought never crossed my mind. I am just not wired that way.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1880 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 2119

Default dear john.....

I was wired in the U.S.A........Back when the Made in the U.S.A. meant something......City slickers don't belong in the country........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #38

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
I am a property owner in a rural area. A subdivision was built on the west boundary of my property. The subdivision was soon filled with urbanites who wanted the country life on a 1.5 acre lot. I have had several run ins with these people. I have had them come up on 4 wheelers to tell me I can't hunt on my own property. Yet, using my land for a 4 wheeler course was just fine and dandy. Once they actually brandished firearms in an attempt to "control me." That ended up with several of them being arrested. For the first ever my property is posted and registered with the sheriffs dept. You only have one mentally ill neighbor. I have at least a hundred mentally ill neighbors on the west boundary of my property. Even though I was armed and had every right to use a firearm the thought never crossed my mind. I am just not wired that way.
I have 300 acres and operate a gravel pit and shooting range on it and still have idiots from Indianapolis try to tell me they have the right to ride ATVs and hunt without permission. I went to the County prosecutors office and we worded this sign but the idiots still can't understand. Put a couple in jail and I'm the bad guy!!!

No Trespassing

The Sheriff’s dept. and the State Police will patrol and arrest all violators !!!

Any off road vehicles ( ATVs, Go Karts, Mopeds, Dirt Bikes, etc.) will be confiscated and sold with the proceeds going to the Drug Task Force!

Hunting or fishing with express written permission only !

All others will be charged with trespassing. This carries a $1,000.00 bond !!!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #39
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8602

Quote:
I feel for you. I live in a rural town. A couple of subdivisions have gone up. Now I pass older homes that had acres and acres of nothing behind them and see the houses just about in the homeowners back yard. The "newbies" try to pet the horses, etc. I would be VERY ANNOYED if I lived on a nice tract of land and suddenly had suburbanites in my backyard.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #40
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8602

Alright. I closed this thread. It's breaking down into arguing and the final straw was the post I deleted that announced the mentally ill trespasser's name and address.

People Like This 
Closed Thread