Mentally ill man tried to break into my home this morning, police saved his life. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Mentally ill man tried to break into my home this morning, police saved his life.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #21
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Great job, most people would have gone all wild west, but you are obviously smart enough to know what to do, I'm glad that you're safe and well!

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #22

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Yes Sir, even as I was waking up, normally being the hardest person to wake up being groggy for at least 30 minutes, it's nice thinking back and realizing after hitting HIGH EFFING RED ALERT on the Cooper scale, that there was no fogginess, no possibility (in this instance) I would have made a mistake, I had complete and total cold calm control over my cognitive mind and body, a stone cold focus and I had drawn my line in the sand and it was a very definitive line about what was about to happen if this threat did not heed my warning. In other words I was pleased with myself that was I was able to handle the situation exactly as I had been taught, no fumbling, no bumbling foolishness and no confusion.

But man after the adrenalin and blood pressure went down, did I have a horrible splitting headache.

Well done. Sounds like you were well-prepared mentally for a threat situation. You did everything right, especially staying on the phone with the police. If you'd had to shoot the guy that 911 tape would've been your best friend in court. Glad nobody got hurt.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1618 Times on 1108 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Here in NC many homes and mental health facilities are closing. I am sure this is happening everywhere. Why are they closing? Medicaid is denying payment around 70% of the time due to paperwork errors. The mental health facilities have tried everything from software that is set up for medicaid billing to hiring outside consultants to deal with medicaid billing. In this area the only mental health facility that is not in danger is the federal facility that is part of Butner federal prison. They have a limited number of beds and only accept the mentally ill that are to violent to be on the streets.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1899 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 2136

Default I know......

Its hard to decide to take some ones life in your situation, i just hope it doesn't come back and bite you in the arse, and then every one will blame it on the system......I had a similar situation, if I hadn't seen the ill man with his father I would have shot him dead..... He came into the house like a bull. All he wanted was a cigarette.......Dimentia at the age of 30.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Its hard to decide to take some ones life in your situation, i just hope it doesn't come back and bite you in the arse
How would it come back to bite him in the arse. ?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
How would it come back to bite him in the arse. ?
If the guy was reeeeally bent, he might actually return to W's place and bite him on the posterior.

Unless we are talking zombies, a dead crazy bites no butts.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Got a shotty? These could be useful, merciful, and quite possibly entertaining:
http://www.firequest.com/G12-031.html http://www.firequest.com/NL125.html

I would imagine that it wouldn't be that much more complicated to explain an orange, screaming idjut than would be pointing at a corpse.

Of course, a fatality-friendly follow-up shot would be a bare minimal requirement for your safety.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #28

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Or a double dose of rock salt

Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
If the guy was reeeeally bent, he might actually return to W's place and bite him on the posterior.
Shooting him just in case he came back would definitely have came back to bite him in the arse. Are people suggesting that a mentally ill person that was banging at your door should be shot just in case. Why stop there sure just shoot anyone you don't like the look of.

Quote:
I'm not warning him a third time
Talk like that could get you in big trouble if it ever happened. Prosecutors would have a field day with posts like that people should think before they post.

Last edited by manta; 02-26-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #30

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Got a shotty? These could be useful, merciful, and quite possibly entertaining:
http://www.firequest.com/G12-031.html http://www.firequest.com/NL125.html

I would imagine that it wouldn't be that much more complicated to explain an orange, screaming idjut than would be pointing at a corpse.

Of course, a fatality-friendly follow-up shot would be a bare minimal requirement for your safety.
Got one better. I want this.
http://www.popsci.com/gear-amp-gadgets/article/2009-07/taser-rolls-out-shocking-devices-shotty

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread