Mandatory Training? - Page 21
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Mandatory Training?

View Poll Results: Do you support mandatory training for carry licensure?
Yes 31 35.63%
No 56 64.37%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

One of the bad things about this poll is that 31 voted for restrictions on your Second Amendment rights. 31 who do not support 2A, because if you support the Second Amendment then it is a all or nothing issue. Not an issue of I support the 2A "but", or "except", and there is no such thing as "reasonable".

This is why there are so many gun control laws and attempts to add more because many talk the talk but few actualy walk the walk.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
One of the bad things about this poll is that 31 voted for restrictions on your Second Amendment rights. 31 who do not support 2A, because if you support the Second Amendment then it is a all or nothing issue. Not an issue of I support the 2A "but", or "except", and there is no such thing as "reasonable".

This is why there are so many gun control laws and attempts to add more because many talk the talk but few actualy walk the walk.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Plus one thousand percent!

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how this thread is still active! Since you can't restrict a RIGHT, I'd have guessed the thread would've died on that note.

Training? Yes!

MANDATORY Training? NO!

It's funny how those who advocate mandatory training in this thread have a hard time figuring out how to implement a plan to carry it out...

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 08-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #203

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post

I don't believe it's an "all or nothing" attitude here. I believe the 2A is an ABSOLUTE...sadly, the system has become so screwed up and rights have become priviliges granted by our benevolent dictators in so many places (starting in the east by politicos who sought to keep the irish and italian people unarmed and there fore under control) that in roder to excercise a RIGHT you have to jump thorugh these hoops. IT SUCKS. But try excercising that RIGHT without having jumped through those hoops...all of a sudden you become a convicted felon who is now totally disarmed and screwed for life. That sucks too.

Even if you are in a totally, 100% righteous SD incident, but carrying illegally according to the laws in your area, you are screwed. Does it suck? COMLETELY.

Look at Bernie Goetz...he defended himself, and still wound up with a felony conviction and being the poster child for gun control in "The Big Debacle"...er..ah...Apple.

I don't want to MANDATE anything, but I damned sure reccomend you get training if for no other reason than real training is a blast. You learn new skills. You get a lot out of it.

I damned sure reccomend that if you are going to carry in a SHALL ISSUE state you mump thorugh those hoops to protect what rights you DO have left and not get screwed by the government.

The Second Ammendment is sacred, and quite self explanatory. That SHOULD be the only permit we need. Until we can crap or get off the pot and c hange things, sadly we are stuck with the "privilige" of being armed 47 of the 50 states.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #204

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

With the help of the NRA we have 4 Free states. Alaska, Arizona, Vermont, and Wyoming. I expect to see Idaho and maybe Montana added before long. It takes time but we wii keep up the fight. Join and support your state shooting Orgs. and the NRA it will work in your state.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #205

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
With the help of the NRA we have 4 Free states. Alaska, Arizona, Vermont, and Wyoming. I expect to see Idaho and maybe Montana added before long. It takes time but we wii keep up the fight. Join and support your state shooting Orgs. and the NRA it will work in your state.
When did WY get the Gold Star A-Plus rating?

Congrats!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPat View Post
No, I don't. Neither do I wish to be near some 16 year old kid who just got his license and daddy's Mustang, but I don't have a lot of control over that. All I can do, really, is keep my head up and eyes open.
Really gonna liken this to driving? But since you did..... the 16 year old is required to have some formal training ...where some of it might be retained .....

Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr123 View Post
I just interviewed a guy who wrote a book about more guns = less crime and his overwhelming conclusion was that mandatory training to receive any kind of permit just adds to the separation of the classes - hence his conclusions the poor who live in neighborhoods where they need the guns for protection can't get them because they are priced out of being able to afford the safety classes and the fees to allow them there given right to protect themselves.

If classes are required they should be given for free so ALL can have access to them ... just a thought!
If they can afford the firearm...legally obtained.... they should be able to afford the classes....

Old 08-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #208
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I think MS has a good compromise on training; a regular carry permit is available without training, but an "enhanced" carry permit is available with a 16 hour training course. If you wanna carry legal at church & such, you will need the class. Of course, that is for a carry permit; nothing is required for a firearms purchase, training-wise.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
I don't believe it's an "all or nothing" attitude here. I believe the 2A is an ABSOLUTE...sadly, the system has become so screwed up and rights have become priviliges granted by our benevolent dictators in so many places (starting in the east by politicos who sought to keep the irish and italian people unarmed and there fore under control) that in roder to excercise a RIGHT you have to jump thorugh these hoops. IT SUCKS. But try excercising that RIGHT without having jumped through those hoops...all of a sudden you become a convicted felon who is now totally disarmed and screwed for life. That sucks too.

Even if you are in a totally, 100% righteous SD incident, but carrying illegally according to the laws in your area, you are screwed. Does it suck? COMLETELY.

Look at Bernie Goetz...he defended himself, and still wound up with a felony conviction and being the poster child for gun control in "The Big Debacle"...er..ah...Apple.

I don't want to MANDATE anything, but I damned sure reccomend you get training if for no other reason than real training is a blast. You learn new skills. You get a lot out of it.

I damned sure reccomend that if you are going to carry in a SHALL ISSUE state you mump thorugh those hoops to protect what rights you DO have left and not get screwed by the government.

The Second Ammendment is sacred, and quite self explanatory. That SHOULD be the only permit we need. Until we can crap or get off the pot and c hange things, sadly we are stuck with the "privilige" of being armed 47 of the 50 states.
So as i read your statements and multiple others.... NO Law shall impinge the rights granted in the Constitution......

And by this then were i to practice a religion where human sacrifce was an accepted part of a religious rite or cerimony then I should be able to sacrifice a human being?

I know its a little off the main topic but it relates......

Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #210
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1AG30 View Post
So as i read your statements and multiple others.... NO Law shall impinge the rights granted in the Constitution......

And by this then were i to practice a religion where human sacrifce was an accepted part of a religious rite or cerimony then I should be able to sacrifice a human being?

I know its a little off the main topic but it relates......
In that situation, your right to freedom of speech/religion would have to come second to the victims right to live.

If it helps, i hear we taste very much like chicken...think WickerMan.