Mandatory Training? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Mandatory Training?

View Poll Results: Do you support mandatory training for carry licensure?
Yes 31 35.63%
No 56 64.37%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
You still think we have a constitution? Did you guess how much debt this country is in? ---- Sorry if I do not sound patriotic to you.

You should be happy to have a "God giving Right" to own a firearm this day and age, especially to protect yourself from the BG's who do not have any right to own a firearm in the first place.

Unless that is only my opinion!
There is still a Constitution; it may need to be pawned soon, though.

"God given right" or "natural right" whichever you prefer is fine by me. Most Unconvicted BG's still have the right to own a firearm (iffy in NYC & Chicago & somewhat iffy in California).

You can have all the opinions you want; don't be offended if some people don't agree with all of them.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #102

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
There is still a Constitution; it may need to be pawned soon, though.

"God given right" or "natural right" whichever you prefer is fine by me. Most Unconvicted BG's still have the right to own a firearm (iffy in NYC & Chicago & somewhat iffy in California).

You can have all the opinions you want; don't be offended if some people don't agree with all of them.
It takes up to a year for some in-the past unconvicted BG's to get a permit in NY. I am surprised people wait that long.

Here in Maryland you need a very good reason to carry a handgun. I don't think it is fair that a lot of people cannot permit one. The approval rate I hear is really low for anyone who isn't in the military or law enforcement.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #103

Quote:
We have a constitution?
No. I just joined the service and swore to defend it against all enemies foreign and elected... er... domestic for nothing.

Quote:
Also, I never said it wasn't a right.
I said it is a privilege.
By saying it is a privilege, you are saying it is not a right. It can't be both.

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 07-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #104

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

If it is just a right, then why can't a 1-year convicted American have the privilege to buy a rifle or handgun legally?

I have the advantage of a right to own my defense, and the privilege to purchase any which one I want.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #105

Quote:
If it is just a right, then why can't a 1-year convicted American have the privilege to buy a rifle or handgun legally?
Convicted felons lose rights when they get convicted. They also don't get to vote. I don't understand it... which rights they get to keep or which ones they lose.

...but there are a lot of things that are "wrong", and our rights have been stripped away. The Brady Bill, the NFA, etc...

Quote:
I have the advantage of a right to own my defense, and the privilege to purchase any which one I want.
That's how it should be.

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 07-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #106

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I paid like $29.00 for an online CCW course recognized by my state as sufficient training to apply for the license to carry. The course was only about basic gun safety practices. The test was only ten questions. So from a legal standpoint, my mandatory traing requirement is satisfied and I now have my license. But I'd be a fool to think I have sufficient training. Soon as some classes are available at my local gun store - (Classes conducted by certified instructors) I'm going to get real training!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #107

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:

Its called due process of law, once you commit a crime and the courts convict you, then some rights go away. A priviledge is something granted by a governing body and can be taken away without reason at any time, no due pricess of law involved.

Now that being said, just who will deside the level of training that I need? Sense most harping on training actualy have no idea which end of a gun to point where. and them anti-rights slime bags not knowing already my level of skill and training I think they have no rights to deside for me.

opaww

Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #108

Liked 1357 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Now that being said, just who will deside the level of training that I need? Sense most harping on training actualy have no idea which end of a gun to point where. and them anti-rights slime bags not knowing already my level of skill and training I think they have no rights to deside for me.

opaww
How about the NRA, they already have many training courses available NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #109

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I already exceed the level of training that the NRA, police, and Military can offer. What now? I also put in more range time then most military of LEO's do each year.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #110

Liked 1357 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I already exceed the level of training that the NRA, police, and Military can offer. What now? I also put in more range time then most military of LEO's do each year.
Then you would qualify without a problem. Or are you just saying that you already exceed the training that would be offered so you don't want to have to take it? I'd be fine with saying that anyone who is over 21 as of now is grandfathered in and anyone under has to take the training even after they turn 21. Or maybe it could be a review of your experience by a qualified instructor. The standard doesn't have to be high.

My vision is not to deny licenses to qualified people, it's to weed out the ninja mall cop's who don't understand the potential consequences of carrying a gun or those are are incapable of safely wielding the gun. If you can't hit a man sized target at 10 feet with six shots, you should not be carrying a weapon for self defense. I actually think the average blind person could pass that requirement, but there are people out there who could not.