Man gets shrapnel lodged in head after shooting Tannerite-rigged computer - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Man gets shrapnel lodged in head after shooting Tannerite-rigged computer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1969 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 936

I can relate. I used A LOT of C-4 and Flex-X in the Big Green Lantern, and I was way too close to several air strikes and arty, ours and theirs. HE does not discriminate!
You can violate the laws of man and get away with it most of the time, but you can't violate the laws of physics and get away with it ever.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 08-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
I can relate. I used A LOT of C-4 and Flex-X in the Big Green Lantern, and I was way too close to several air strikes and arty, ours and theirs. HE does not discriminate!
You can violate the laws of man and get away with it most of the time, but you can't violate the laws of physics and get away with it ever.
Saw a kid under my training bring back a Kiowa with a huge honkin hole in the center of the canopy. seems he was too close to a live rocket strike and the target was(a dead APC) packed with arty simulators...
More paperwork......(*sigh*)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Old 08-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Tannerite........just another tool nature uses to weed out the dumb ones

Old 08-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
Yes indeed, kinda like a grenade! Leave it on your desk and sooner or later some dumbass will most certainly pull the pin! Erckles are everywhere including the Whitehouse, "Ooops, Did I do that???"

Truth is, as long as all they do is take themselves out, Im ok with that generally! Its when they involve those of us around them in their Darwinian Adventures that I draw the line.

Thats why Im a Country Boy, much safer out here, many less Darwins per capita! Not like we dont play our share of dangerous games, Ive had a few OMG moments but we were much better than folks nowadays at recognizing the power and the strength of the tools we were "Experimenting with".

Few of the things we did were "As seen on TV", we learned them first hand from people who knew before we tried them ourselves! Two local farmers lost their arms in corn-choppers in a month in the 70's (just like a corn stalk), lesson was learned by all of us every-time we saw their hook arms, "Turn the Tractor off before you unplug a jamb in a PTO driven implement". Mrs Ames gross patch over her right eye reminded us just how dangerous a light front end on a pigeon toed tractor could be on a steep grade! We all knew not to go to Arnolds TNT Shack EVER even though he didnt lock it, we saw how he made ponds with it, NFW were we messing with that!

The guy who did this should tattoo Idiot on his forehead with a few thousand other documented idiots we have seen on TV.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1598 Times on 1093 Posts
Likes Given: 555

He just wanted to be connected like never before.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 08-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

Become steel or get cut.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger View Post
Tell me about it. I live in the same county as the moron who made the news (at least in this region, he is mentioned, not by name on the Tannerite Wiki page.) for setting off 18 pounds of the stuff on the southern end of the county. i guess the BOOM was heard as far away as parts of Warren County PA. His cousin rents one of the rooms in the house I live in, and in his own words:

"Frankly, I am amazed the he has lived this long. God must protect fools."

i will admit that I play with my toys that go boom from time to time. I will even admit that I enjoy watching explosions, but only from a safe distance. I also make it a policy to let local LE know when and where i will be playing that day. Full safety procdures are in effect EVERY time I use reactive targets. Not just for me, for everyone involve. participant and observer, no exceptions.

Doc3402's signature says it all. Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned. The guy in the video just jumped to the top of my list for honorable mentions for a Darwin Award.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #18

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Honestly people give me a funny look when I go shooting wearing the old combat helmet. THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY PEOPLE! If he had been wearing a helmet he would have had a better chance of not having to go to the hospital. Just thinking about this he also would have been better off digging in to it would have covered his body better. Hell I hope he rethinks how he uses tannerite that shrapnel could have just easily hit him in the throat.

How can people be this damn stupid.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 08-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1969 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post

Put on a flak jacket and that is what I looked like in 1968!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 08-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

18 lbs of tannerite to take out a computer?
The guy had it coming.

I don't need No stinking signature.