Magazine Change Drill - Pistol - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Magazine Change Drill - Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I am not very quick at reloading either but I tend to get by...wish I was faster
i think after posting on this thread, i am gonna HAVE to start practicing again!!!

Old 12-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #12

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Me too....I need to get faster and better

Old 12-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #13

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I do this drill with live ammo all the time. Before you criticize any further, I encourage you to take a look at the first post here by opaww. The video is from the US Army Marksmanship Team. Once you watch that video, I would like you to post what is similar with that video and my video (concentrate on the reloads performed).

Also, I would like you to go into more detail on exactly how my muzzle was all over the place. Feel free to post a video or pics showing how this way is incorrect. Keep in mind that there are multiple ways to do perform reloads.
Right at this point.

Magazine Change Drill - Pistol - Training & Safety

There are many ways of doing tactical reloads but the one constant that should NEVER be violated is that your eyes and muzzle should be covering the target(s) at all times, even when you run the gun dry. Here you are looking at your gun and your muzzle is pointed at the ceiling (with a live round in the chamber I'm sure your range guys wil have an issue with that).

I hope you take this comment in the light it was offered. Not meant to offend, just trying to help you improve.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #14

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
YouTube - Army Pro Shooting Tips: Speed Reloading a Gun

Here is an instructional video on reloading
That's the way you change mags in competition which is what that fine ARMY group does for a living.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
Right at this point.

Magazine Change Drill - Pistol - Training & Safety
Its hard to see in this shot, but where is the shooter's trigger finger? Looks like its still on the trigger?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #16

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

In real life, you'd be better off shooting each bad guy once because firing two shots at the first guy leaves the others more time to shoot you. I think John Farnum covers that in the book, " The Street Smart Gun Book ", available from Police Bookshelf.

But heck, in real life, tactical reloads should be all but ruled out. I believe Clint Smith said something like, " You've got a functioning gun. Don't mess with it. " That is by memory from his Defensive Handgun DVD.