Magazine Change Drill - Pistol

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Magazine Change Drill - Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Magazine Change Drill - Pistol

This video shows a good example of a good mag change drill to do at a range (if they permit).

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #2

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Here is an instructional video on reloading

Old 12-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #3

I know we tend to forget one of the great weapons for zombies...So here is a reloading tips for the shotgun

Old 12-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Great posts and dead on instructions guys, Hooahh!

Love shooting that steel.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #5

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
This video shows a good example of a good mag change drill to do at a range (if they permit).

YouTube - Hi-Point CF380 Magazine Reload
so far this is the only video i watched on this thread, but he is showing reloading with a round still chambered and his muzzle control is all over the place. i would hope that he doesnt do that with live ammo, but i know that what you pratice reflects how you will actually perform.
i know that when i practice reloading, my mindset is that i am still engaging my target and the muzzle is always covering it.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
so far this is the only video i watched on this thread, but he is showing reloading with a round still chambered and his muzzle control is all over the place. i would hope that he doesnt do that with live ammo, but i know that what you pratice reflects how you will actually perform.
i know that when i practice reloading, my mindset is that i am still engaging my target and the muzzle is always covering it.
I do this drill with live ammo all the time. Before you criticize any further, I encourage you to take a look at the first post here by opaww. The video is from the US Army Marksmanship Team. Once you watch that video, I would like you to post what is similar with that video and my video (concentrate on the reloads performed).

Also, I would like you to go into more detail on exactly how my muzzle was all over the place. Feel free to post a video or pics showing how this way is incorrect. Keep in mind that there are multiple ways to do perform reloads.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad-ratman View Post
so far this is the only video i watched on this thread, but he is showing reloading with a round still chambered and his muzzle control is all over the place. i would hope that he doesn't do that with live ammo, but i know that what you practice reflects how you will actually perform.

Miller was demonstrating the proper draw, point, aim, shoot, reload procedures, except not in live fire loaded weapon demo. Watch the Army handgun Pro Shooting steps for that.

Now tell me that Miller did not maintain and follow through the same way, except for live shoot. I did not see the excessive muzzle wave you state and very little, if none, when he was explaining the pre-run through procedure, before the finale example.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad-ratman View Post
The first video is on the money...If you wait until you have no rounds left to reload you put yourself at risk of loosing the gun fight. Even with 13 rounds in the mag of my high power, I will still change mags at half full.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #9

Likes Given: 2

if you take it as criticism, fine. i was taught, and try to practice never cover anything with your muzzle you are not willing to shoot. i come from teaching that says to me when he lifted his weapon and tilted it, it reflected a weapon with a round chambered more than likely not covering the orignal target. if that is not how you see it, ok.
i saw the same thing on on the first army shooting tips video. again, just not how i would do it.
i am not saying wait till empty, if you have a chance to reload do it. sorry that i dont have the capabilities to video how i "rapid reload," that i admit isnt very rapid.

Last edited by bigbad-ratman; 12-13-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #10

I am not very quick at reloading either but I tend to get by...wish I was faster