Local Newspaper Gets It Right - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Local Newspaper Gets It Right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2824 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
The Ogden Dept. just had a super major FU and got an officer killed and put 5 other cops in the hospital. It was a blunder of major proportion. Roy, Ut. is in the Ogden Metro area. These cops are all doing some major CYA.
LOL, "Ogden Metro Area" is giving it way to much status. Roy might be better considered "unofficial" Base Housing for Hill AFB.
I've always thought that the writer, Trentleman, was a bit of a douche.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 04-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Re: Question- is it fair to shoot someone in the back?

A. 1. If you ever find that you are in a fair fight, your planning sucked.

A. 2. A fair is something that comes to town once a year. They have cotton candy, a merry go round, and you step in monkey poo. Life ain't fair.

(and thank you for the lesson, SFC Voss, wherever you are)
Agree but if you live in a Blue state, it might be difficult to prove.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #13

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I like being Pro Active, I'm pretty sure that is why I started carrying a gun. The more people are informed and/or trained about firearms and firearm safety the better off we all will be IMHO.

I think a lot of the blame lies with poor parenting, I know it is hard to spend the time needed with our children but they are our children and our responsibility. They need more discipline and structure as a whole as it seems that there is no respect anymore.

Model70 is close, they need a swift kick in the pants sometimes instead of "if you don't stop I'm going to" warnings or empty threats.
I think it all comes down to people not giving their children what they need-- a swift kick in the @$$.

Today it seems as if there is no value on human life at all. With the internet, news can travel all over the world in seconds and all we see or hear is the bad blood and guts rape and murder headlines. What ever happened to truth in print?

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.