Local Newspaper Gets It Right
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Local Newspaper Gets It Right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Local Newspaper Gets It Right

I normally don't talk about this stuff, I like hunting and rifles, I try to stick to that.

This was on the front page of the paper today. I've read a lot of the authors articles over the years, and often thought he was a moron. But this one I liked. Thought I'd share it here.

http://m.standard.net/standardex/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=9OHa7XyZ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #2

Liked 1743 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 1343

>Police Chief Greg Whinham wanted to give us a taste of what police go through when dealing with someone who is shooting people.<

Smart Police Chief doing proactive press management in advance of a tragedy that hopefully never happens in Roy.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #3

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

That is one smart Chief of Police. Take them out of the armchair and make them get in the game to see what it really is about.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8966 Times on 3881 Posts
Likes Given: 1402

Re: Question- is it fair to shoot someone in the back?

A. 1. If you ever find that you are in a fair fight, your planning sucked.

A. 2. A fair is something that comes to town once a year. They have cotton candy, a merry go round, and you step in monkey poo. Life ain't fair.

(and thank you for the lesson, SFC Voss, wherever you are)

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6572 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

A. 2. A fair is something that comes to town once a year. They have cotton candy, a merry go round, and you step in monkey poo. Life ain't fair.

lol, All's fair in love and war, and I consider a gunfight to be a small (personal) war.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

This right here, I just simply awesome!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #7

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The Ogden Dept. just had a super major FU and got an officer killed and put 5 other cops in the hospital. It was a blunder of major proportion. Roy, Ut. is in the Ogden Metro area. These cops are all doing some major CYA.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
The Ogden Dept. just had a super major FU and got an officer killed and put 5 other cops in the hospital. It was a blunder of major proportion. Roy, Ut. is in the Ogden Metro area. These cops are all doing some major CYA.
Now everyone is starting to think the cops really screwed the pooch and the accused was acting in self defense, and the cops are trying to cover it up by trying to place a gag order on him. There are some videos floating around somewhere from the cop cars. I haven't seen them but the more news that comes out about it the more it looks like it was a colossal cluster f$&@.

Then 2 students at Roy High School were just convicted of trying to blow up the school. The one plead guilty so he'd only have to spend 6 months in juvy and pay $10,000 in restitution. Not sure on the other kid.

What the hell is this world coming to? It wasn't that long ago we settled our problems with fist fights in school, then in 1998 a kid pulled a gun in my school and held hostages in the lunch room. What the hell? I think it all comes down to people not giving their children what they need-- a swift kick in the @$$.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70
I normally don't talk about this stuff, I like hunting and rifles, I try to stick to that.

This was on the front page of the paper today. I've read a lot of the authors articles over the years, and often thought he was a moron. But this one I liked. Thought I'd share it here.

http://m.standard.net/standardex/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=9OHa7XyZ
I love this. Teach the community that cops are humans, and humans aren't perfect. Show them how hard it really is, and that's about as proactive as you can get.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #10

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Is it new? Well Hell Billy the Kid was 14 when he killed someone. Jesse James was a teenager when he help murder and scalp many unarmed men. In the 1950s Charlie Starkweather a teen killed many people for fun.