Legally shoot in self defense? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Legally shoot in self defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
and just as an adendum, i havent watched tv since 1998, what the hell is there really worth watching? i dont even have cable. not sure what the reference is to tv, but keep the attacks coming they are definitely amusing. life isnt about being that charles bronson dirty harry john wayne shoot em up have no mercy kind of guy. discretion is the better part of valor, discretion, there is no question that you have to be decisive, but retain discretion, if absolutely necessary, there is no hesitation, a good man would no this and act upon it, only a fool would not recognize the dire straits of his situation. give them nothing, but take from them everything
The TV reference is based on everything you are saying comes from bad television and B-movies.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 AM   #12

Default ?

there is very big different between what you are eluding that i said and what i said exactly, my stating my opinion or my perspective is no different then you stating your opinion or perspective but you seem to find some sort of distorted perverted pleasure in attacking my position and making defaming allegations in an attempt to contradict whatever it was i was making a point about, and what exactly is the purpose of reposting my post over and over and over again other then to take up room, i know what i wrote and i know what i said, i dont understand what the issue is really, i never said i was special in any case, and people will do whatever they want to do or whatever they determine is necessary in the given situation, stop being twelve years old, im not whipping you because you arent doing what i told you to do, i never told you or anyone else to do anything, from my recollection the entire post was hypothetical. how many times have you entertained what actions you would take in a given situation and then discovered that in that situation you acted completely different. i never told anyone not to use force, or said they had to act the way i told them to, i couldnt give a rats ass how someone else reacts, its their life. but keep it up, you are the only thing that put a smile on my face after a long day, lol, are you as pretty as you type?

Old 08-10-2007, 01:22 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
there is very big different between what you are eluding that i said and what i said exactly, my stating my opinion or my perspective is no different then you stating your opinion or perspective but you seem to find some sort of distorted perverted pleasure in attacking my position and making defaming allegations in an attempt to contradict whatever it was i was making a point about,
Perhaps it was my public schooling, or my lack of time on walking the beat, but I understood that you are saying that people should shoot to wound, as a better option than stopping the threat permanently.

Didn't you, here, advocate not shooting to the head, because it's too hard, but here you are saying that we all should shoot at the moving legs and arms? I just want to make sure I understand your knowledge of tactics.

Quote:
and what exactly is the purpose of reposting my post over and over and over again other then to take up room, i know what i wrote and i know what i said,
I do that so others can see what we're talking about. It is a little common courtesy thing I picked up, like punctuation, capitalization and paragraphs.

Quote:
i dont understand what the issue is really, i never said i was special in any case, and people will do whatever they want to do or whatever they determine is necessary in the given situation, stop being twelve years old, im not whipping you because you arent doing what i told you to do, i never told you or anyone else to do anything, from my recollection the entire post was hypothetical.
Correct, this is hypothetical, but when someone throws out information that is the exact opposite of everything that any legitimate trainer is saying, and can cause people to get into legal trouble, I feel obliged to correct them.

Quote:
how many times have you entertained what actions you would take in a given situation and then discovered that in that situation you acted completely different.
More often than I would like, but that's why I practice.

Quote:
i never told anyone not to use force, or said they had to act the way i told them to, i couldnt give a rats ass how someone else reacts, its their life.
Then why even participate?

Quote:
but keep it up, you are the only thing that put a smile on my face after a long day, lol, are you as pretty as you type?
Umm, to part one, I'm glad I could be of service. To part two, I don't swing that way, but if you like the taste of penis, more power to you.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:29 AM   #14

Default ?

hey ranger, just wanted to know if it would be ok with you to print out this discussion, i thought that the guys on the STOP TEAM would get a real kick out of the banter between us, it was all in fun after all, wasnt it, no hard feelings? i mean we are all adults here, right? just wanted to see if you had any reservations over the other guys getting a good laugh. (by the way, they wouldnt just be laughing at you, i put a real effort into being a little silly as well)

Old 08-10-2007, 01:33 AM   #15

Default lol

well well, i never indicated i would be doing anything with your penis, hence the question as to whether you were as pretty as you typed, i figured if you put this much effort into something so trivial you would do the same when you were on the receiving end, lol. again, jumping the gun and assuming there princess, love ya for all your effort though, you are a sweetheart.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
hey ranger, just wanted to know if it would be ok with you to print out this discussion, i thought that the guys on the STOP TEAM would get a real kick out of the banter between us, it was all in fun after all, wasnt it, no hard feelings? i mean we are all adults here, right? just wanted to see if you had any reservations over the other guys getting a good laugh. (by the way, they wouldnt just be laughing at you, i put a real effort into being a little silly as well)
Sure, print it out. If you think your friends can get a kick out of it, more power to them. I'm just glad that I don't live in your jurisdiction.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #17

Quote:
but you should use it with discretion, there is no need to kill the attacker, when you can effectively shoot him in the leg or the arm and wound him.
This discussion is crazy, especially the "cop" suggesting it is good judgement to aim for legs and arms during and intense encounter where there will be lots of adrenaline, nerves, heavy breathing and movemnt from both parties. I dont want to assume, and I havent heard you say it directly..are you in law enforcement spartan..really ? Nope, I bet he's a kid with aspirations of being some kind of superhero TV cop. I was off from work today and a little bored, so I went back and read some of Spartans prev post in other discussions. Nothing about him or the way he "carries" himself implies LEO, he also does contradict himself. he just reminds me of a mall ninja or internet commando..you should have seen some of his post..he carries 3 knives, a kablar stick and somehting else along w/pepper spray and a gun. He frequently get into encounters where he has to use one of the items 7-8 self defense items he carries...Im not making this up either...Im calling BS on Spartan. Shame on you.
Taurus PT92

Last edited by Don Lu; 08-10-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: wasnt done yet.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #18

The "Cop" even gives advise on how to make a scilencer and get away w/the shooting by using a drop gun..terrible....Still calling BS, and there are so many more rediculous post, I just thought this one was commical coming from a ninja..I mean "cop".
Quote:
well there are silencers and there a suppressors, and in some places even compensated barrels are illegal. the easiest way to make silencer/suppressor, is with a small plastic soda bottle, just kind of tape it around the front of the weapon, works better on rifles then pistols but works on pistols too, you can try to mob it like in the movies and just hold your pistol in it, but i wouldnt reccommend that. there is still an audible pop because it isnt a real silencer, but is suppresses some of the bang and a good amount of the flash. pillows work too, but who carries those around. i would just simply reccommend more range time though, because if you get yourself to the point where you can actually effectively hit a target from about 75 feet away with a pistol, then who needs a silencer? one is backfire, two is gunplay, if you are going to shoot someone, shoot once, and hit what you are aiming at and then walk away...in this scenario, i would also reccommend wiping the rounds before loading the magazine, and also the utilization of a drop gun at the scene. it might even be smart to pick up the actual shell casing and toss it somewhere else, pisses the forensics guys off. lol (havent done any of this so not speaking from experience, lol)
Taurus PT92

Old 08-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #19

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Perhaps if you'd learn to use grammar and punctuation, your thoughts would be better relayed to the readers. Sorry for any misunderstandings or hard feelings.
Pioneer
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In Indiana we have the castle doctrine,shoot any one breaking into your home,carjacking you,or coming at you with any type of weapon,even if you are a 3rd party.The doctrine relieves you of the duty to retreat(THATS KEY).Only a few states have the castle doctrine ,read your state laws carefully!!!!!!

Last edited by Tony Soprano; 08-15-2007 at 12:08 AM.