Left handed shooters - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Left handed shooters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm a left hand right eye guy. Being left handed I learned to do many things right handed. I shoot left handed most the time but do some shooting right handed with rifle and pistol. I think it's a real good idea to be able to shoot with either. From my experience it seems that more left hand shooters train with weak side more than right handed people. I think that has to do with the lefty people having to always adapt idea.
I've never shot a left hand rifle, I'd like to try it but I really don't see it as a big enough deal to seek one out. If I was to happoen across one at a good price though I'd sure use it as an excuse to get one.

Now, on to the really important question...Why the hell did they always have those lefty scissors in grade school that could not cut warm butter?!?!?!?! With the rounded ends because left hand people just CAN'T be trusted with a real pair...I demand reparations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 04-14-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2324 Times on 1416 Posts
Likes Given: 12739

The left side of the brain controls the right side of the body. Does this mean that all of us lefties are in our right minds?

Seriously though, I am ambidextrous, The only three things I can't do with both hands is play guitar (learned lefty from my right handed mother), and draw and write. I write right handed, but I draw left handed. the other is shoot a long gun or bow. left only for the reason listed in my earlier post.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #23

Liked 361 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I shoot long guns and rifles as a lefty. I can shoot my pistols with either hand comfortably.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #24

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
Now, on to the really important question...Why the hell did the always have those lefty scissors in grade school that could not cut warm butter?!?!?!?! With the rounded ends because left hand people just CAN'T be trusted with a real pair...I demand reparations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You noticed that too? I just gave up on those crappy things and used the RH ones, in my RH. To this day, I use RH Scissors.

I shoot with a bunch of LH people. As a group we don't have much LH equipment. It usually causes something funny to happen. Like when hand-throwing clays. Me personally, I like to use a RH Bolt Action. When prone, I find it more comfortable. Last year, I got a LH Bolt Action. Doesn't seem as natural.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:38 AM   #25

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

My wife and I are both left handed shooters, and writers. And when I took my CCW class I noticed that all of us were left handed...small class, however. The trainer said that he usuallly has about 30% lefties.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #26
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8974 Times on 4843 Posts
Likes Given: 18960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound
My wife and I are both left handed shooters, and writers. And when I took my CCW class I noticed that all of us were left handed...small class, however. The trainer said that he usuallly has about 30% lefties.
30% in the average class but only 10% of the population. What is the correlation? If only there were a bear loathing statistician in the forum.....

Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #27

Liked 296 Times on 198 Posts

Although being pretty new to AR's i have decided i need to try a lefty upper. I get some nice little round burn marks on my neck from riding up too much.
Never had a problem with a SKS, they fly straight up in the air....

Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #28

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
You noticed that too? I just gave up on those crappy things and used the RH ones, in my RH. To this day, I use RH Scissors.

I shoot with a bunch of LH people. As a group we don't have much LH equipment. It usually causes something funny to happen. Like when hand-throwing clays. Me personally, I like to use a RH Bolt Action. When prone, I find it more comfortable. Last year, I got a LH Bolt Action. Doesn't seem as natural.
Yeah, I've always used "regular" scissors. Left or right hand I honestly can't tell any difference in how they work for me. Those lefty things in school really pissed me off though. "Oooohh noo massah, Iz wont cut dat wif me souf paw...Wez know datz dangerous".

Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 215 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj
Although being pretty new to AR's i have decided i need to try a lefty upper. I get some nice little round burn marks on my neck from riding up too much.
Never had a problem with a SKS, they fly straight up in the air....
I never had that problem with an AR the deflector always does a good enough job for me. It was the gases in my face that made me want a lefty upper. But opted for a piston AR (PWS MK114) instead of a DI and now i never have to deal with it. It was a great decision for me, super reliable, and it runs cool and clean.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 04-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Lefty, never had a problem shooting RH rifles or handguns... Actually prefer it on the AR. Can keep my hands on the pistol grip and my sights on target while switching out a mag and chambering a round.