Learning from the CO tragedy. - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Learning from the CO tragedy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

A lot of people sit and watch or scream and cry because they have been taught cowardice and self-preservation by avoiding getting involved, all their lives. They think "somebody" ought to do something, as long as that somebody isn't them. They are the same ones who will stand and watch a car burn up with people inside, because they might burn their hands if they try to get it open and drag the victims out.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Here is a link to some new info:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/25/12950440-source-tip-from-accused-aurora-shooter-leads-fbi-to-package#comments
It appears that he's being manipulated by the FBI, and not talking about it.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #83

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I'm not understanding the thought processes or mentality that some people have regarding this incident

Too many people in this country have been pussified into taking a non action action! As if they are afraid they will be sent down to the principles office for a time out

Wake the eff up people and start protecting yourselves! If you're going down you might as well go down swinging!
Exactly. That is why I carry EVERYWHERE. I could care less what some business owner thinks, wants, or paints on a sign. It's my life, and I'm going to keep it well defended. If this means pissing on some private business owners "rights", so be it. It may be his "right", but it's MY LIFE! Based on that, I'll decide, not him.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #84

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
Exactly. That is why I carry EVERYWHERE. I could care less what some business owner thinks, wants, or paints on a sign. It's my life, and I'm going to keep it well defended. If this means pissing on some private business owners "rights", so be it. It may be his "right", but it's MY LIFE! Based on that, I'll decide, not him.
By ignoring the business owner's misguided, stupid, or political motives you may very well save his life while saving your own. Wonder why that thought never enters their minds. I'm with you 100%

When I was a kid riding the school bus we regularly had fights on the bus. Our driver pulled off the side of the road and made the guys fighting get out and he'd wait till somebody got their butt whipped. Except one time he just drove away! Now kids are tought not to fight. We're not raising men to deal with bullies, problems or combat. We're teaching them it's always better to be a victim. Even several unarmed men could have taken this guy down. Yes someone may have gotten wounded or killed but you can bet whoever did get a hold of him could have stopped him. I want to say beat the ever living **** out of him but this is a public forum.

Someday I may be killed but it won't be because I make it easy!
billt Likes This 
Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #85

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Um, . . . how do we know for sure that no one else in the theater had a gun?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #86
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2880 Times on 1581 Posts
Likes Given: 810

The theater was posted no firearms. How did this person get into the theater carrying all that hardware and not set off alarms? Was everybody in charge asleep? No theater employees noticed this? The theater should be facing massive lawsuits for failure to protect its patrons after not allowing them to protect themselves.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The theater was posted no firearms.
I bleve it came out later that the city was the anti-firearms entity, so the theater's foolishness would be secondary.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #88

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

jtj, evidently you didnt watch the news

he was there (unarmed) watching the movie like everyone else. he got up and went out of the emergency exit in the rear of the theatre, propping it open as he exited. he went to his car and returned with the guns. nobody knew what he was up to until it started.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #89

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762

he was there (unarmed) watching the movie like everyone else. he got up and went out of the emergency exit in the rear of the theatre, propping it open as he exited. he went to his car and returned with the guns. nobody knew what he was up to until it started.
I don't know about everywhere but here if you open one of those doors an alarm sounds

Old 07-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #90

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762 View Post

emergency exit doors in theaters that open to the exterior are located at the front. the rear emergency exit doors open into the common hallway (typical theater layout)

i for the life of me cannot fathom why anyone would think ... someone getting up and exiting through the emergency exit door, entering back into the theater dressed in tactical gear with firearms and tossing smoke bombs ... would be part of the movie experience

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD
Dillinger Likes This