Learning from the CO tragedy. - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Learning from the CO tragedy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1253 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Um, . . . how do we know for sure that no one else in the theater had a gun?
Good question. Maybe if they did, they were afraid of getting in trouble for having it in a GFZ, which would negate any benefit from having it there. Also, some people carry a gun sort of like a "good luck charm". I.E., they think the mere presence of the gun will ensure that nothing will happen to them. Then when the SHTF they are as helpless as anybody else.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #92
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1694 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Good question. Maybe if they did, they were afraid of getting in trouble for having it in a GFZ, which would negate any benefit from having it there. Also, some people carry a gun sort of like a "good luck charm". I.E., they think the mere presence of the gun will ensure that nothing will happen to them. Then when the SHTF they are as helpless as anybody else.
Yeah, that’s kind of what I’m thinking.

I recall being sort of a ‘spectator’ the first time or two in an emergency situation. Since then, not so much. I think context, training, and experience has a lot to do with one’s response. If you’re on a hospital floor, you’ll know to call a code if you have to, or if you’ve come upon a traffic accident, you’ll know to do something because you’ve been there before.

If you’ve NEVER been in combat, haven’t ever been shot at, and the FIRST time you are, is in a DARK theater, with lots of BRIGHT flashes, LOUD banging noises, and smoke, with people screaming and running, and you haven’t actually ever drawn your gun in need, I don’t think it would be so unusual to forget you even have your gun on you when you’re diving for cover.

Last edited by Vincine; 07-31-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #93

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I bleve it came out later that the city was the anti-firearms entity, so the theater's foolishness would be secondary.
I have read several legal opinions that the way Colorado State law is written, no county, no city and no private business can PREVENT a licensed CCW holder from carrying.

A private business can refuse service, but only if they knew a CW holder was doing so. Which, in effect, would make them a pretty poor CW holder.

After the fact, according to numerous accounts, a business or local PD could not bring charges of unlawful carry against a licensed carrier for ignoring the signs because the signs themselves, in effect, were illegal under the Written Law.

A person could still be brought up on charges for excessive force, public endargerment and several other BS charges, but I think the DA would be run out of town on a rail if he brought charges against someone who helped end a situation like this earlier.

I do carry in places I am not supposed to as posted by signage. I am a licensed CCW holder, in good standing, by the State of Washington and feel that I have the right to protect myself should the need arise.

JD

Old 07-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #94

Liked 4705 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Default Lessons Learned from Aurora

1. Rule 1 to surviving a gun fight...HAVE A GUN! If you do not already ignore GFZ's...it's time to start.

2. Crazies are wearing body armor...perhaps your noisy cricket is not enough. Time to up gun your CCW package.

3. Armor and weaponry are of little measure compared to training and mental preparation. If you did not receive this training in the military then go get it. Simply having a gun qualifies you to win a fight About as much as having a car qualifies you for the Indi 500.

All other lessons, contemplation, and what ifs will amount to nothing when and if you find yourself in a similar situation. Prepare now or pray latter...your choice.

Tack

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #95

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Read this!!

Make sure Aurora never happens to you anywhere

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2012/07/27/front-sights-answer-to-aurora-co-massacre/

Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #96
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I think he could have made his offer to pay test case legal, without using Aurora as an excuse for a sales pitch if he wanted to. I don't think much of it.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #97

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
I think he could have made his offer to pay test case legal, without using Aurora as an excuse for a sales pitch if he wanted to. I don't think much of it.
True, but I didn't see anyone else willing, before or after.

I don't see anyone else now, and sales pitch?
He is giving it away, and willing to put up his own money for anyone at the theater who wants to stop FGZ's.

I will wait for the line of other places willing to do all this before I get cynical

Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #98
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
True, but I didn't see anyone else willing, before or after. . . . . . . . . I will wait for the line of other places willing to do all this before I get cynical
Sometimes it’s hard to remain skeptical without becoming cynical. Still, I think it’s tacky at best and smacks of opportunism off a tragedy. He could have made the offer without invoking his Front Site. He’s an ambulance chaser.
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #99

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Sometimes it’s hard to remain skeptical without becoming cynical. Still, I think it’s tacky at best and smacks of opportunism off a tragedy. He could have made the offer without invoking his Front Site. He’s an ambulance chaser.
He's much worse than that.

http://www.onpointnews.com/NEWS/firearms-qdisneylandq-fraud-case-settles-for-8m.html

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/4487781/class-action-lawsuit-against-front-sight-moves-forward

http://www.ignatiuspiazzascam.com/

Old 07-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1253 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1918

Quote:
He advertises in the gun rags a lot. Has an ad similar to what was posted here. Basically I think he sells memberships. Always a bargain at $49.00
Runs a school, but I've not seen any reviews on it.