Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Know your backstop! Or kill someone (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/know-your-backstop-kill-someone-92466/)

Hectocotylus 06-18-2013 06:21 AM

Know your backstop! Or kill someone
 
Here in ferndale Washington we just had someone get killed by someone shooting down by the river who didn't have or use a proper back stop. A lady was killed a mile away at a Father's Day BBQ. A good warning for the rest of us.

nitestalker 06-18-2013 06:53 AM

Humm? I suppose you are correct. What if the person was a victim of an outdoor cooker exploding? Would the news media reported it? How long before a politician uses this to pass some gun control legislation? Why is the entire gun owning communities guilty every time there is a misuse of a firearm?:confused:

AR10 06-18-2013 08:52 AM

People that can learn from the lessons taught to others, are wise people.

Thank you for posting this.

unclebear 06-18-2013 08:53 AM

I got google earth on my computer a friend told me about it, It took me a few weeks to figure out how to use being that I'm not real good with computers but it's a pretty nice program. Where we shoot theres a pretty big hollar behind our target but we never really knew what was behind that after doing some looking on it theres about 2 miles of fields behind it which is nice to know. Pluse it has this ruler thing on it and you can measure in yards or what ever you want it helped us also setup a 100 yard range to.

Doc3402 06-18-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1279540)
Humm? I suppose you are correct. What if the person was a victim of an outdoor cooker exploding? Would the news media reported it? How long before a politician uses this to pass some gun control legislation? Why is the entire gun owning communities guilty every time there is a misuse of a firearm?:confused:

Around here the cooker would have been news, too. If it bleeds, it leads.

danf_fl 06-18-2013 09:43 AM

Now if we can stop the practice of road signs being used as targets.

Doc3402 06-18-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1279591)
Now if we can stop the practice of road signs being used as targets.

I agree. There's nothing that shouts stupid shooter like miles of road signs with bullet holes in them.

JimRau 06-18-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hectocotylus (Post 1279524)
Here in ferndale Washington we just had someone get killed by someone shooting down by the river who didn't have or use a proper back stop. A lady was killed a mile away at a Father's Day BBQ. A good warning for the rest of us.

What caliber of weapon was used? Ask anyone in the 'business' and they will tell you it is nearly impossible get effective 'hits' on a target a mile away!!!:confused:

Hectocotylus 06-18-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimRau

What caliber of weapon was used? Ask anyone in the 'business' and they will tell you it is nearly impossible get effective 'hits' on a target a mile away!!!:confused:

It wasn't intentional. The people started hearing bullets coming past so they were running inside but the lady stopped to grab a kid and she got hit. I don't know the caliber

Hectocotylus 06-18-2013 03:44 PM

Also, shocking I know, two of the five people shooting were felons.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.