Just a couple of thoughts on Home Defense - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Just a couple of thoughts on Home Defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

WOC, i can see their point and would do the same if in their type of situation. intruder in my home, children in another part of the house, yes it would most definately hunting. if i had children, and their lives were in danger from some intruder being in my home, i would do whatever i felt was appropriate for the situation. around my house, we play house rules. my house, my rules, and if the BG doesn't like them, oh well. i also get to change the rules if i see fit to do so.
Well said my friend.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #12

Good Thought Thank You

Old 07-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I don't have a plan, being single and all it's pretty simple!

I don't think I would go hunting for them. I think I would grab my Glock and wait on them to come to me. Then light them up with my LED flash light, make sure it's not my mom or brothers who have a key, then order them on the ground until the police arrive. If they run I'll give a good description, if they attack me or pose a threat I'll defend myself.

Then I have to take into consideration my Doberman who gets PI$$ED when someone else is in the house. I don't think he would silently allow someone to enter the house and walk around while I waited on them.
When I have unfamiliar guests I put him outside because he barks, snarls, and goes at them. If someone broke in, probably before they would be able to get in, I would wake up to him going nuts running through the house wherever he heard or smelt them.. And the BG would hear him barking and be long gone before I got out of bed. If they got inside I would probably be that guy getting sued because my dog bit a chunk out of the 'poor home invader'.

Last edited by JeeperSC; 07-24-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC
I don't have a plan, being single and all it's pretty simple!

I don't think I would go hunting for them. I think I would grab my Glock and wait on them to come to me. Then light them up with my LED flash light, make sure it's not my mom or brothers who have a key, then order them on the ground until the police arrive. If they run I'll give a good description, if they attack me or pose a threat I'll defend myself.

Then I have to take into consideration my Doberman who gets PI$$ED when someone else is in the house. I don't think he would silently allow someone to enter the house and walk around while I waited on them.
When I have unfamiliar guests I put him outside because he barks, snarls, and goes at them. If someone broke in, probably before they would be able to get in, I would wake up to him going nuts running through the house wherever he heard or smelt them.. And the BG would hear him barking and be long gone before I got out of bed. If they got inside I would probably be that guy getting sued because my dog bit a chunk out of the 'poor home invader'.
Just a stranger in your house at any hour of the day poses a threat.
There will be no words said in my house. If your in there I presume you as trying to hurt or worse kill my family and myself.
The police tell people to get down. A man or woman protecting their family or their self is not required to do so. BAM! wrong house, new carpet.....
Old 07-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #15

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Also train the kids on what to do as well! They could save your life or others if they happen to react faster(like that one case where the 14 year old shot the intruder.)

Old 08-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For me, since I live alone, I can only assume that anyone in my home is there to hurt me. Being a single female under 5' tall....I wouldn't ask questions first.

My brother, in another state, is the only person with a spare key & knowing I have a gun, he always calls before showing up, and even then, he wouldn't show up in the middle of the night.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8146 Times on 4873 Posts
Likes Given: 10505

Quote:
Originally Posted by BungalowMo View Post
For me, since I live alone, I can only assume that anyone in my home is there to hurt me. Being a single female under 5' tall....I wouldn't ask questions first.

My brother, in another state, is the only person with a spare key & knowing I have a gun, he always calls before showing up, and even then, he wouldn't show up in the middle of the night.
We have similarities. I, too, live alone and I am 4'11" tall.

We are small but mighty.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
We have similarities. I, too, live alone and I am 4'11" tall.

We are small but mighty.
Yes we are!

I have recently had some major issues in my neighborhood with unruly "children" (read: punks who think they can do as they please) The Police have a hard time catching them at anything & the other night I saw one out in the street with a rifle! Of course, when 3 police cars arrived, the weapon & kid holding it were long gone.

I contacted the Police & offered up my front bedroom for surveillance! I let them know I'd even assist with connecting all the cameras & such...since it's what I do.

My offer is being passed along to their detective division. We'll see if they accept.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 676 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 216

What if like in my case your wife cant stand the sight of firearms. You are on your own. I suppose she can ring the police.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I am single but have a plan that involves using the cats as the opening volley and my shotgun to get to the gun safe neaby (i'm just not sure my cellphone will get a signal from inside the safe). Once i have the safe for cover, i'll have enough loaded magazines to hold off more people than will physically fit in my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
What if like in my case your wife cant stand the sight of firearms. You are on your own. I suppose she can ring the police.
Redneck women FTW!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 08-22-2012 at 10:06 PM.