The Irony - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

The Irony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
...I don't see why anybody needs to have a kid...
This was just a sarcastic joke, right?!? I love my children and don't want anyone else saying I shouldn't have them. Just like I don't want other people butting in about my firearm ownership. I don't mind if other people decide NOT to have children, but mine bring me more joy and happiness than anything else could.

Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Well boys and girls, moms and dads, an eleven year old boy shoots and murders his pregnant step-mother with a shot gun he got as a Christmas present from his father. How could this be more ironic?
Technically, this could get a LOT more ironic. This really isn't anywhere close to meeting the definition of irony. To make it ironic, the father or mother would have to be a firearms safety trainer. This would be ironic, because they devoted their entire career to firearm safety, then die from a firearm that wasn't safety secured.

Or another ironic scenario would be if the victim was the creator or one of the signers of the Brady Bill. This would be ironic, since they were SOOOO convinced that assault-style rifles would be dangerous, then they wind up dying from a firearm not even covered in the brady bill...

but, I'm just getting technical here. Your thread was actually very helpful and informative. I'm just being hard on you for the use of the word "ironic".
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The irony I found here was that the firearm was a Christmas present, a gift on God's birthday, used to kill a pregnant women. It's the whole mother and infant thing. My thoughts were not that obvious and that is my fault. The tragedy was that the firearm was not properly secured, and who should we blame for that? Stay safe my brothers. HJ