Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > The Irony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

No it was not. I knew where every key to every gun caginet was at all times. I did not get into them because I was told in no uncertin terms that If I ever got into them with out my dad knowing I would never shoot again. That was all it took for me. I love to shoot I loved to shoot then. So when told donn't do it I didn't do it. I was taught respect for my elders and for firearms. That is why I have never had an accident and never will have one with a firearm. I do the same thing everytime I get a gun out of the safe or form another person. I cut no corners I take no chances I am a 4 rules NAZI and I am proud of it.

Plus my IQ is slightly higher than the rock in the front yard. So that helped too. Some of these kids today are just stupid they are not dumb they are stupid and have no hopes of becoming smart or not so stupid.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

From Wikipedia

Lizzie Andrew Borden (July 19, 1860 – June 1, 1927) was a New England spinster who was the central figure in the hatchet murders of her father and stepmother on August 4, 1892 in Fall River, Massachusetts in the United States. The murders, subsequent trial, and following trial by media became a cause célèbre. The fame of the incident has endured in American pop culture and criminology. Although Lizzie Borden was acquitted, she was at the time (and is to an extent today) widely believed to be guilty; no one else was ever arrested or tried, and she has remained notorious in American folklore. Dispute over the identity of the killer or killers continues to this day.

And to this day we still sell axes to anyone without background checks, registration or licensing!! There's Irony for ya!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's a real shame that these anti gunners are so narrow minded. If all the firearms in the world were to disappear, humans would still find ways of killing each other. Before the Chinese invented gunpowder people were using rocks, clubs, spears, bows and arrows, and catapulting plague ridden corpses over castle walls, that by the way, wiped out over half of Europe's population.

I think were in for a heck of a fight. God knows were not wrong.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #14

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

The first use of bacteriological warfare!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Like being a responsible gun owner we are responsible to our children. Keeping firearms safe when not in use is the responsibility of a parent. I have two grown children (a daughter and a son) and firearms have always been in the home and all were secured with the exception of the pistol I carried, it was either on me, or in my night stand when I went to bed. If I wasn't carrying the pistol or sleeping it was in the gun safe. I raised two wonderful kids but you never know if they are going through issues they don't share with you so it's best to prevent the possibility of this type of issue. I can say like a lot of people my kids grew up with firearms but they were never accessable to them with out supervision. It's that simple, a parents responsibility.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #16

Liked 225 Times on 157 Posts

So this is what happens when you don't lock up the guns ?

Maybe, just maybe, it would be safer to lock up the kids these days . Col. Dave Grossman says they are conditioned to kill by T.V. , movies and video games .
Neal Knox wondered about psychotropic drugs such as Prozac .

Add a broken home and the spread of low-class cultures and who knows ?

Perhaps locking up guns can prevent accidents but murders can be committed with knives, baseball bats and gasoline . The kid would have had the means to murder anyway .

This is why I don't have kids around the house . They scare me. I don't see why anybody needs to have a kid . At least you shouldn't keep a kid unsecured in a house that has guns . Last time it was a .22 rifle and the boy killed two men. This time a 20 guage . No great harm done by liberal standards as long as it wasn't a deadly assault weapon with no legitimate purpose ! LOL

If you need companionship, buy a Chimpanzee instead . LOL

Last edited by Rentacop; 02-26-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Forgot something ( added )

Old 02-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 200

The incidence of AWD has gotten to epidemic proportions. We MUST do something quick.

Oh and what is AWD?

A$$ Whippin' Deficient. 3 of 4 kids under 25 suffer from it.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The incidence of AWD has gotten to epidemic proportions. We MUST do something quick.

Oh and what is AWD?

That is prefect Robo! Remember when being a parent required responsibility, attention and some effort?

It takes a villiage to raise a child but that child will be the village idiot!

Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post

Oh and what is AWD?

That is a perfect explanation right there! Remember when being a kid meant actually RESPECTING your elders, mostly out of fear of getting a swat?

Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah this is unsat. The parental unit should have taken him to task with ANY mention of "gonna bust a cap" blah blah blah. I agree, this kid had gotten a pass on any kind of discipline long ago. And then get him the shotgun? I just don't know what to say.