The Irony
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > The Irony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default The Irony

Well boys and girls, moms and dads, an eleven year old boy shoots and murders his pregnant step-mother with a shot gun he got as a Christmas present from his father. How could this be more ironic? We have debated whether to lock firearms up or not. This should tell us all that it is our responsibility as responsible gun owners to put firearms behind lock and key. I'm sure the antis are just eating this tragic story up. Personally I am very sad for all involved. How many lives were ruined by that one pull of the trigger. It should never of happened.
Merry Freakin Christmas. Hunter Joe

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Source? How bad is the fall out in that immediate area? I haven't seen it on the news here yet ( Washington ).

Truly a sad example of why we must stay ever vigiliant in policing ourselves gentlemen ( and ladies ). It takes one little misguided youth to give the collective a black eye.

Let us keep focused on the tasks at hand. We are SUPPOSED to be the more responsible, more enlightened and more disciplined people in this debate.

Let's start acting like it....

JD

Old 02-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

That is why I have agun safe.

Some kids are DUMB and don't understand DON'T TOUCH.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Read it here.

Details Emerge in Pennsylvania Killing

Tragic story.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #5

My Dad got me my first shotgun when I was 10. Even though it was mine he always kept it under lock and key. I'm older and responsible with my guns and still don't know where that key is. Although I have a few my guns are at college with me, most are still in that safe. That is how every dad should be, teach you kids how to respect gun and don't give them responsibility for them until they one out of your house

"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, He won by making the other poor bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

Old 02-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay. Really?!?!

Quote:
On Monday, Jason Kraner, Kenzie's brother-in-law, told several reporters the 11 year old boy also told his son he wanted to kill Kenzie and her daughters.
"Jordan had told (my son around Christmas) he was going to pop Kenzie in the head and pop both kids. We didn't believe it. ... We told Chris and Kenzie ( Dad & step girlfriend / mom stand in ) and they didn't believe it," Kraner said.
Okay, yeah, this is a tragedy that is going to get some air play, but C'mon!

Do you mean to tell me that every gun owner has to take in the tailpipe because of this friggin Muppet??

The kid expressed rage. Then he made death threats. Then he had been issuing threats for two months when his dad wasn't around.

AT WHAT POINT DOES THE KID GET THE ASS WHIPING WE ALL WOULD HAVE GOT FROM OUR PARENTS AND THE WEAPONS WOULD HAVE BEEN PROPERLY SECURED?!?!?!?

Cane, Robo, Hillbilly68, S.C., Benning, stalkingbear, Ineff, cpttango - Can you guys HONESTLY tell me that THIS kind of behavior would have been tolerated under your old man's roof?!

My old man would have beat me to an inch past death, then brought me back to life just to prove who was in charge - and that man never laid a finger on me in anger my whole life. I F**KING knew better.... and that little bastard should have been taught better as well.

Having those weapons unsecured, and clearly having at least one kid in the house you have ZERO control over, should have kicked in the Self Preservation Gene, but I guess not....

JD

Old 02-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The articles really make this sound like he was out to get her with or without a gun. If he hadn't had access to the shotty, would he have made her the Drano special for breakfast? I guess we will never know. The articles are making it sound like this kid was bound for infamy regardless of the presence of a gun. Just my opin.

The only alternative that comes to mind is that Jr. had never been there to see a squirrel or deer, that he shot, die & had not made the connection to the irreversibility of death. (sounds like a longshot to me)

Old 02-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The bottom line is that kid used a gun and that is all the antis care about. It is impossible to stop gun violence, although, we should always promote firearm safety as responsible gun owners. This is just one man's opinion. Keep safe brothers, Hunter Joe

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #9

There is gun violence going on all over, and there isn't anything that we can do about it other than doing are own part to prevent situations like this. Situations like this is what fuels the fire with the anti gun people. They just love it when a kid shoots a parent with a gun that he shouldn't have access to, because they can use it as an example to support them.

"No man ever won a war by dying for his country, He won by making the other poor bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Cane, Robo, Hillbilly68, S.C., Benning, stalkingbear, Ineff, cpttango - Can you guys HONESTLY tell me that THIS kind of behavior would have been tolerated under your old man's roof?!JD
Not around my pop. The man is pushing 70 and can still make me wanna dig a hole and hide with his 'angry' look.

How many cries for help did this boy need to make before someone did something about it. I'll bet he had trouble in school, too. Still, the way the media likes to play it, the gun did the act, not the child.

FATHERS AND MOTHERS, DO NOT LEAVE FIREARMS IN THE HANDS OF YOUR CHILDREN. THEY ARE CHILDREN AND INCAPABLE OF MAKING ADULT DECISIONS BASED ON LOGICAL REASONING. IF YOUR CHILD HAS BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS, DO NOT GIVE THEM A GUN PERIOD.

I am a husband, father, hunter, shooter and I approve this message.

Last edited by skullcrusher; 02-24-2009 at 09:11 PM.