I'm interested in becoming an NRA Instructor - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > I'm interested in becoming an NRA Instructor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 392 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 528

I also have started the inquiries for becoming a firearm instructor. I've already contacted the local NRA coch (coach) and waiting their scheduling of a class and putting away the $$ needed for the class work.
I've spent a lot of tome (time) doing safety training to my kids and grandkids now I wish to expand it to others with the assurance that I know what I'm doing.

Last edited by artbrownsr; 11-11-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by byxlaw
J357, how's your progress? I was about to post load of questions when I found your list - thanks for the foundation. Thanks to all who responded, too. I do have one of my own to all, though: how good of a shooter do I need to be in order to become an instructor/rso? I have been shooting inconsistently for about 20 yrs, difrent types of arms, mostly for fun (read: bang), as opposed to comp or defense/tactical activities. Pretty good shot, but am sure have way to go. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the question. I haven't started the process yet. I'm waiting to get to my new duty station within the next six months or so. Until then, I've simply got too much going on.

Good luck to you.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr
I also have started the inquiries for becoming a firearm instructor. I've already contacted the local NRA coch and waiting their scheduling of a class and putting away the $$ needed for the class work. I've spent a lot of tome doing safety training to my kids and grandkids now I wish to expand it to others with the assurance that I know what I'm doing.
Also good luck to you, Art. I'm sure you'll make a fine instructor.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #24

Liked 392 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Also good luck to you, Art. I'm sure you'll make a fine instructor.
I would do better if I took my time to edit my posts BEFORE submitting them!