If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #51
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10208 Times on 6091 Posts
Likes Given: 14662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Let me state outright that I do not have a CCW and have not taken the course (impossible to obtain in my county).

So if Little Miss Muffett, at 95 lbs soaking wet, sees an assault taking place where a 250 lb. Big bad Wolf is beating down on Little Red Riding Hood, Miss Muffett has to leave her Glock in her tuffet and keep it hand-to-hand?
I was thinking the same thing. I would NOT be able to do anything in hand to hand combat.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 146 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Call local LEO's, approach order him to stop & leave. If he doesn't deploy pepper spray, take him down, If he attempts to use a weapon return in kind.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #53
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
Call local LEO's, approach order him to stop & leave. If he doesn't deploy pepper spray, take him down, If he attempts to use a weapon return in kind.
I am thinking I wouldn't want Miss Muffett taking that approach.

In my previously mentioned experience in San Francisco I did not call the cops first simply because I did not know where my phone was at the time (I think it was in the truck) and the SFPD is notorious for arresting all involved parties regardless of the situation and sorting it out at the jail. I was not willing to take the risk of going to jail and getting caught up in the legal system for coming to somebody's aid. Screw that! I never did call the cops. The girl was uninjured so I didn't see the point. I did ask her if she wanted to talk to a cop and she did not.

If, in a parallel universe, I did have a CCW and I was in SF that night by myself and I did have to deploy my weapon and shoot the guy, I probably would be inclined to make sure he was dead (dead men tell no tales) and
just get back to work pretending nothing had happened. I would rather take my chances that way than take my chances at the SFPDs mercy.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 146 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
But approaching the assailants with a baseball bat would make you look like a BG The police are going to have a hard time telling who is who

Attachment 109299
If you already have bats i suggest you replace them with one of these batons here. that way you can do some ass beating in a classy manner and look professional while doing it that way when law enforcement gets there they wont think your a thug with a baseball bat. theyll see one with a bat and one with a self defense baton. Who side of the story do you think they will listen too? Your average thug probably wont be carrying a baton or its usually people that are trained or are experienced or are carrying it for self defense and personal protection from thugs
In CA possession is a Felony for non LEO or certified Guard.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
Any sort of club, sap, or similar device can generate a felony charge. Even a length of heavy gauge electrical wire (which, by the way,would make a great club!)

Old 07-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #56

Liked 588 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Let me state outright that I do not have a CCW and have not taken the course (impossible to obtain in my county).

So if Little Miss Muffett, at 95 lbs soaking wet, sees an assault taking place where a 250 lb. Big bad Wolf is beating down on Little Red Riding Hood, Miss Muffett has to leave her Glock in her tuffet and keep it hand-to-hand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I was thinking the same thing. I would NOT be able to do anything in hand to hand combat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270
This is EXACTLY how it was drilled into us for 8hours of class room time. The best thing miss 95lbs soaking wet can do is call 911 and take as many descriptions/accounts as possible.

Not exactly sure how I would personally react, I've always been a first responder in the factories I've worked and had to do so on several occasions so I'm sure I could make a choice but without actually being in the situation its impossible to say for me. I know that my CC class room training would be foremost, I'm like you Viking, I've no intention on going to jail for helping BUT I'm not going to just allow another human get beaten to death either..
I'm a firm believer in if you star some **** you better be able to back it up, but at some point the line must, and will be drawn.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
This is EXACTLY how it was drilled into us for 8hours of class room time. The best thing miss 95lbs soaking wet can do is call 911 and take as many descriptions/accounts as possible.

Not exactly sure how I would personally react, I've always been a first responder in the factories I've worked and had to do so on several occasions so I'm sure I could make a choice but without actually being in the situation its impossible to say for me. I know that my CC class room training would be foremost, I'm like you Viking, I've no intention on going to jail for helping BUT I'm not going to just allow another human get beaten to death either..
I'm a firm believer in if you star some **** you better be able to back it up, but at some point the line must, and will be drawn.
I guess one could antagonize the SOB into attacking. Then all bets are off!

Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #58

Liked 588 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I guess one could antagonize the SOB into attacking. Then all bets are off!
Exactly, in that scenario we were taught that if we use force(gun or other weapon) WE would be in trouble be cause the 'apparent victim' was not justified to do so..
Like I say though, for me a line between getting his just deserts and being assaulted to the point his life is in danger may have to be drawn..

It's been awhile since I've taken the class and with potential changes haven taken place I need a refresher..
Like I've said in a couple recent threads, we as gun owners have a huge responsibility with many different branches.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #59

Liked 84 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270

Wow here in arizona article 13- 0331 it says batons are not considered deadly weapons unless used with excessive force. Its completely legal to own one here in arizona and you can use one if you do need to defend yourself but not in excessive force like hits to the head neck or spine arizona even provides classes to civilians that certify you to use handcuffs and batons and pepper spray. i was mainly joking around but seriously the average thug here in Az wouldn't be carrying a baton with them its most likely going to be some one thats been trained to use one before i buy one i will be sure to be certified even tho its not required just to be extra safe california, ny and MA dont allow to carry one its a felony .you might want to check with your local laws before getting one some day. I dont own one but i am most likely going to have to take a course soon

Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #60

Liked 56 Times on 53 Posts

Yeeeeeah no, I will stick with my bat, no batton needed. I have my daughters cheerleading team name on my truck - I've never seen any thug that rolls like that lol. Other thing is, as most American boys/men I have years of experience swinging a baseball bat.

#LouisvilleSlugger4life