If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

depends on where i am. in chitcago sorry you votes your vote and and you gets your ass beat. couple weeks ago i was in chitcago way downtown waiting on a client watched two cars get stolen and several drug deals go down. im not even bothering calling the cops there. its the kind of place the people of that city want let em fester in it.

in wisconsin the goblin is getting drawn down on no questions asked. if aggression continues then he is getting shot.

as for the tv show its all staged. the supposed what would you do innocent bystanders are also part of the gig. its called made for tv.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-07-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Call 911, then do whatever it takes to protect your fellow man. It may or may not be your legal duty or civil duty, but it is your God directed duty to your fellow man or woman! You atheists are off the hook here, go have a nice day and God bless you.
If my state law forbid me from protecting a stranger I will be darned if I am going to miss watching my granddaughter grow up just so I could serve life in prison for helping a stranger. I'll make a call, but armed intervention is not likely unless they turn on me.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2929 Times on 1702 Posts
Likes Given: 1746

I only carry where it is legal for me to carry, not into every God forsaken armpit of our nation.

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1043 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

If your in DC and the person getting attacked is a politician..just smile and wave! Hey they made the laws we just have to follow them. LOL

Old 07-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #35

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

There are so many things that could complicate such a situation, it is impossible to say what is the right thing to do. Dialing 911 is almost always the first right thing to do. Warning shots are almost always the wrong thing to do. The gun should never appear unless you are quite prepared to kill someone with that first shot.

Usually the less force that is used, the better the outcome and the more force that is used, the more complicated the results are. (ask Zimmerman)

Your best bet is to know you laws, know yourself and know your weapon. Then you do the best you can with the knowledge at hand and pray that you make the right call.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #36

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

This question goes for everyone regardless of law what would your human instinct do?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #37
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

I am at the age I don't duke it out anymore. To old to run fast, so somebody is gonna get shot, because I can still draw fast and hit my target!

I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by six!!

CC has a big responsibility tagged to it. Quick decision and choice.

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #38

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1254

I saw the episode the op is talking about. I posted about it when I saw it. It was quite a while back...maybe 2 years ago. I was upset about the show. I was seriously concerned that I or someone like me could have shot one of the actors. There is no way I would watch someone hit a homeless person with a bat and not do something. I would immediately draw my weapon. No doubt about it. If they came at me with the bat...BANG!..BANG!...BANG! I am not going to wait until someone has already hit me with a bat to shoot them. I have been attacked with a bat. After the first hit you are in no condition to defend yourself.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #39
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7440 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 15311

Call 911 AFTER you have stopped the beating.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #40

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357
If you where driving down the street or shopping and you witness a homeless man getting beat kicked spit and getting hurt what would you do? You are a legal ccw owner, how would you handle the situation? I was watching a tv showed called what would you do, they used actors and it was all an experiment to see what bystanders would do. One experiment was with a rubber fake bat as a weapon and the other they were unarmedNone of the bystanders had firearms but say if you did and you legally own and carry one what would you do? Would you mind your buisness and let someone else handle the situation? Would you intervene? Would you unholster your weapon and ask them to walk away then call the police? Would you be mr hero and point your gun at them and attempt to aresst then? Would you just keep walking and ignore it and pretend you didnt see it? Please tell me what you would do if this situation ever happens atleast we would know what the majority of us that carry firearms would do share what you would do and why please
Should've, would've, could've, it's all hearsay! Take my answer with a grain of salt because none of us know for sure what we'd do until we're in the situation personally. What I THINK I'd do is call the cops then try to break up the situation with OTHER bystanders, no weapons if possible. If no one is around I'd still call the cops but id also pull out my firearm if someone is being beat to death, 10 years ago id fight him off with no firearm but I'm physically disabled today so id probably get beat to death also, Id yell stop or ill shoot or something to that effect and/or take every step the 911 operator tells me to take. That's just me! The only way I'd 100% shoot is if he's coming at me or ClEARLY in the process of killing someone. Again, take that with a grain of salt.