Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #191
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

You are quite welcome. I like TR as a person, kind of like Obama, but I HATE what he, and FDR, did to this country as politicians!
If I want your advice or help I will ask for it 'Oh Great one'!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 08-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #192

Liked 313 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
You are quite welcome. I like TR as a person, kind of like Obama, but I HATE what he, and FDR, did to this country as politicians!
If I want your advice or help I will ask for it 'Oh Great one'!

That last sentence should read: If I want your advice or help, I will ask for it,
"Oh Great One!"
Oh Great One should be capitalized as you are using those words as a title which would be a proper noun. I sure hope your writing improves. So far we are seeing very little progress.
BTW, how does FDR fit into this discussion?
ct

Old 08-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #193
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
That last sentence should read: If I want your advice or help, I will ask for it,
"Oh Great One!"
Oh Great One should be capitalized as you are using those words as a title which would be a proper noun. I sure hope your writing improves. So far we are seeing very little progress.
BTW, how does FDR fit into this discussion?
ct
How about:
"If I want your advice or your help, I'll beat it out of you"?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #194

Liked 313 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
How about:
"If I want your advice or your help, I'll beat it out of you"?

That will work. Isn't it amazing that two old retired guys have nothing better to do than to post jabs at each other through a computer forum like a couple of middle school kids? He even sent me a pm (an original one, not a response to one of mine) that he had more likes than I did. Isn't that like a kid saying something like "My dog is bigger than your dog."
ct

Last edited by cottontop; 08-05-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #195
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

And now, after this brief lesson in "Thread Crapping," we will return to our regular programming!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 08-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #196
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
That will work. Isn't it amazing that two old retired guys have nothing better to do than to post jabs at each other through a computer forum like a couple of middle school kids? He even sent me a pm (an original one, not a response to one of mine) that he had more likes than I did. Isn't that like a kid saying something like "My dog is bigger than your dog."
ct
Well, at least this crap is more amusing than staring out the window, drooling on yer sweater, and wishing that cute lady would walk down the street again soon.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #197

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I like TR as a person, kind of like Obama, but I HATE what he, and FDR, did to this country as politicians!
Okay... pump the brakes here!! This might be a private conversation (although I see the PM'ing has failed according to the previous posts..) So I have to ask... What problem do you have with TR ??? Even though born into privilege, he was a (volunteer mind you) war vet... a police commissioner for NYC... built up our country's military... averted WW1 early by getting Japan & Russia to stand down and talk (...First sitting president to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for that one)... Helped our industrial power grow without allowing it to swallow our environment, workers or the economy itself... Built the Panama Canal which benefited WORLD trade... placing us in line to be a Global power... set aside vast tracks of land for future generations to enjoy and be inspired by and saved several species of wildlife from becoming extinct by setting up sanctuaries all over this great land!! If given a choice of president DNA to clone to get us OUT of this current mess we're in Teddy and Ike would be my top 2 choices!!!
As for FDR (and I agree, what does he have to do with this so far)... he did lead this country through an unprecedented time of strife and while not perfect... He fought to bring the country back from the brink of collapse twice... Once economically and then through war. At least back then we fought wars to WIN THEM and not for profit and oil!!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #198
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Okay... pump the brakes here!! This might be a private conversation (although I see the PM'ing has failed according to the previous posts..) So I have to ask... What problem do you have with TR ??? Even though born into privilege, he was a (volunteer mind you) war vet... a police commissioner for NYC... built up our country's military... averted WW1 early by getting Japan & Russia to stand down and talk (...First sitting president to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for that one)... Helped our industrial power grow without allowing it to swallow our environment, workers or the economy itself... Built the Panama Canal which benefited WORLD trade... placing us in line to be a Global power... set aside vast tracks of land for future generations to enjoy and be inspired by and saved several species of wildlife from becoming extinct by setting up sanctuaries all over this great land!! If given a choice of president DNA to clone to get us OUT of this current mess we're in Teddy and Ike would be my top 2 choices!!!
As for FDR (and I agree, what does he have to do with this so far)... he did lead this country through an unprecedented time of strife and while not perfect... He fought to bring the country back from the brink of collapse twice... Once economically and then through war. At least back then we fought wars to WIN THEM and not for profit and oil!!
If TR were to witness a beat-down taking place I do believe he would have taken measures to put a stop to it (including intervening with a firearm). I say this after having studied his life some.

FDR? Notsomuch. But he would have at least called the authorities.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #199

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
If TR were to witness a beat-down taking place I do believe he would have taken measures to put a stop to it (including intervening with a firearm). I say this after having studied his life some.

FDR? Notsomuch. But he would have at least called the authorities.
Yes sir to both accounts... But in all fairness, there is only so much you can do from a wheelchair.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #200
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Yes sir to both accounts... But in all fairness, there is only so much you can do from a wheelchair.
I can call 911, order him to stop and perforate his hide if he turns the baseball bat on me, and do it all from a wheelchair, thankyouverymuch!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Vikingdad Likes This