If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
Anyone that still beats up a helpless homeless man and continues to do it even after a weapon has been drawn deserves to be shot. But unfortunately i am just a civilian i am not law enforcement officer my job is not to protect and serve others. i protect myself and come home to my family and let the police handle the attackers and i wouldnt risk putting myself In a legal battle .i agree with you. but we are in an age where guns are considered to be evil and anti gun prosecutors will look for anything to get you locked up even if you did do the right thing i wouldnt risk it.
what would you want someone to risk if it was you being attacked?

if you are worried about the legal aspects, and what is politically correct, rather what is moral and ethical to do, than you have moved to the side of the liberals.

personally, i would risk the legal consquences to save another person's life or welfare. damn the politicians and damn the lawyers!

i am not hero, but i'll be damned if i could just walk past and not do something if it were within my power to do so. i place too high a value on human life to just stand by and do nothing. a person could have died by the times the cops show up. stepping in may be the difference between life or death.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7788 Times on 4223 Posts
Likes Given: 16468

Well, if I ever see you on the receiving end of that situation, I will help you.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #13

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Thats okay guys if my life was threatened and i was in a situation like that then most likely they'll meet my buddy mr 45 acp! i dont think id ever be in a situation like that.

image-2783697091.jpg

And if i didn't have mr 45 with me for some reason then i damn sure still have my pocket knife this is why the anti guns people need to start packin they rely on others to come and save them.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1043 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Assuming this is a true life threatening attack and not just a silly street fight the very first thing to do would be to call the police and get them on the way. It would probably be a good idea to let the police know that you are armed as well. You don't want them to show up and think you are the attacker. Second would be to yell at the attacker from a safe distance and see if that is enough to stop the attack. (At this point your weapon should still be holstered but ready to go. There's no need to draw if its not absolutely necessary. Remember you're still at a safe distance) If that doesn't stop the attack then at that point you draw and let the attacker see that you mean business. Hopefully just the sight of the weapon will be enough persuasion to stop the attack. The only justification I could see for shooting the attacker would be if he came after you. It would be to risky to try and shoot the attacker if he's still beating the other guy because you wouldn't want to accidentally shoot the innocent guy.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74
Assuming this is a true life threatening attack and not just a silly street fight the very first thing to do would be to call the police and get them on the way. It would probably be a good idea to let the police know that you are armed as well. You don't want them to show up and think you are the attacker. Second would be to yell at the attacker from a safe distance and see if that is enough to stop the attack. (At this point your weapon should still be holstered but ready to go. There's no need to draw if its not absolutely necessary. Remember you're still at a safe distance) If that doesn't stop the attack then at that point you draw and let the attacker see that you mean business. Hopefully just the sight of the weapon will be enough persuasion to stop the attack. The only justification I could see for shooting the attacker would be if he came after you. It would be to risky to try and shoot the attacker if he's still beating the other guy because you wouldn't want to accidentally shoot the innocent guy.
We both think very much alike pretty much excactly what i said this is the way to go

Old 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357
If somebody was getting physically hurt i would not draw my weapon and i wouldnt engage in hand to hand combat either my weapon might fall out and be used against me. i would tell them to stop. And i would call the police if they ignore and they are still beating the homeless person i would ask them again. to stop and let them know i am armed if they still ignore me or continue beating the helpless person or start walking towards me then i would draw my weapon. if they decide to attack me i would do what is neccesery to save my life and myself only. and hope the police would have showed before that happens. but im not sure if i would shoot to save the homeless man from getting beat to death i would let the police handle that situation. I would be sorry to say all i can do is watch until the police get there. but if my life was threatened and i was attacked by a gang it would be different i i am responsible for my own safety and life but for others i would save myself first if i had kids or a wife getting beat or raped or it was my family then then yes i would take on th full burden. but for a stranger im not so sure the police can handle that at least i can say i tried to help. what would you do?
This is what i said

Old 07-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1043 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357

This is what i said
2 great minds think alike.

Any sane person in their right mind would abandon the attack at least by the time you drew your weapon. Anybody else either has mental issues or is on drugs. That would probably be the instance where they may come after you and then you would be forced to defend yourself.

Last edited by pawjr74; 07-07-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #18

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts

Federal statute, as well as most states say you may equal any amount of force used against you, or a third party with the reasonable belief yours or a third parties life is in jeporday. So based on that you are well within your rights to shoot an assailant.
Just remember if you pull it be prepared to use it. And, if you use it make sure the puke is dead, that way theres only one liar in court.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post

2 great minds think alike.

Any sane person in their right mind would abandon the attack at least by the time you drew your weapon. Anybody else either has mental issues or is on drugs. That would probably be the instance where they may come after you and then you would be forced to defend yourself.
That's not necessarily the case anymore. There's a lot of people who sooner or not they're more worried about being tough and fearless than being alive. reputation on the street has become more important than life to way to many people
Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 573 Times on 334 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Interesting situation you've presented here. I was in a firearms class a few years ago when someone asked basically the same type of question. The instructor answered the question with this thoughtful response, he the class "would you get involved if you weren't carrying a gun?". In this situation, how can someone determine what is really going on from a causal observation? Is "ready", "fire", "aim", always the right approach? Is shooting someone in the head, without knowing what is really happening the answer. What if this homeless person just murdered the "assailant's" kid brother and out of pure rage inflicts street justice with a baseball bat. If he gets shot, the "good guy" just got killed. What is the right thing to do?

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

People Like This