Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #111
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
LMAO!!!! friggin hilarious!
Glad you did not take offense.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19505 Times on 11073 Posts
Likes Given: 49121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Glad you did not take offense.
you know me better than that!
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
you know me better than that!
Yes, I do. That is why I did not include a disclaimer.

Louis CK is spot on the nose there too, if not a bit irreverent. How can one desecrate Gods gift to Mankind the way we are desecrating the Earth and still call themselves a Christian? That baffles me.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #114

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

You can shove that crack about me back where it came from, bud. I am homeless right now, have been for months, and have been so several times in my life. It only took me 3 weeks, from having nothing, to having an old van to live in, then a motorcycle, a laptop, and so on. I'd never pay what they want for rent and utilities in many places. The money saved goes into the bank/investments.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #115

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

them deserving it and me getting into legal trouble trying to stop it are not one and the same thing. Methinks that you Batmen talk a lot and do nothing. I've loaned money to many of them, working with me at daylabor places at the time, give them rides that they were SUPPOSED to pay me for, etc. I've got many years of experience with many dozens of them, and while yes, some are ok, those folks don't STAY living under a bridge more than a few weeks, at most. They get up and out of that position, just like I have done, many times.

Last edited by bildee; 07-25-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by bildee View Post
You can shove that crack about me back where it came from, bud. I am homeless right now, have been for months, and have been so several times in my life. It only took me 3 weeks, from having nothing, to having an old van to live in, then a motorcycle, a laptop, and so on. I'd never pay what they want for rent and utilities in many places. The money saved goes into the bank/investments.
seems as you have an attitude problem there partner. you might want to dial back the attitude a few notches. seems you like to make assumptions about others, but get a little upset when the shoes on the other foot.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 02:44 AM   #117

Quote:
Quote:
them deserving it and me getting into legal trouble trying to stop it are not one and the same thing. Methinks that you Batmen talk a lot and do nothing. I've loaned money to many of them, working with me at daylabor places at the time, give them rides that they were SUPPOSED to pay me for, etc. I've got many years of experience with many dozens of them, and while yes, some are ok, those folks don't STAY living under a bridge more than a few weeks, at most. They get up and out of that position, just like I have done, many times.
Your previous posts seem to contradict what you are saying here. But nevertheless, if I have in some way offended you I apologize (though I am not sure whom you were referring to since you did not address the offending party by name).

I am sorry to hear that you are homeless right now. I have never had the misfortune of being in that situation.

I have a general policy of never loaning anything that I am not willing to write off entirely. That policy has served me well over the years.

Quote:
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #118

Quote:
making assumptions about people you don't know personally is quite disrespectful and rude on your part. you know nothing about me personally, nor what i have been through or have experianced. so please remove the chip from your shoulder and treat others with some civility in regards to their posts.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Well Said Jim! and sadly those of us who have "crossed that Bridge" or gone "downrange" have a second set of issues, doing the "Monday Morning QB" thing in your Head afterwards. I'm still doing it almost 30 yrs. later....
Yes these personal 'after action debriefings' can sometimes be haunting and brutal! But as my grandmother would say, "no use to cry over spilt milk". Learn from your mistakes and 'keep on keep'n on'!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 07-25-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1563 Times on 932 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Quote:
"them deserving it" Please explain!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Axxe55 Likes This