Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 6,611
Liked 5308 Times on 2914 Posts
Likes Given: 10141

Default

I don't think all those "lazy, drunk, dopers" homeless people deserve beatings or extermination. I wouldn't mind a "work for welfare" program.

__________________

No offense and none taken

MisterMcCool is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,458
Liked 16818 Times on 9746 Posts
Likes Given: 43875

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I don't think all those "lazy, drunk, dopers" homeless people deserve beatings or extermination. I wouldn't mind a "work for welfare" program.
and when someone assumes just because someone is homeless, that they are a doper, a drunk or lazy, is well, just rather ill-informed about current economic conditions. rather obvious that some think that the homeless person is the one automatically at fault, or that he started the problem in the first place. and i have been around to see some truly bad people who liked to bring violence down upon others they felt were weaker or lesser in status than themselves. i have seen quite a few bullies in my time, and not all of them were kids in the schoolyard, but grown men who bullied anyone they could. for the record, i can't stand bullies by any measure. they are nothing but overgrown cowards.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 2,280
Liked 1238 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Default

I use to be their 'landlord' (a street cop with many locations where they lived in my sector) and I can you the vast majority WANT to live the life they live and want to be left alone. You would be VERY surprised if you talked them and got to know some of them!!!

__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JimRau is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #104
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,055
Liked 7315 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9429

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bildee View Post
u sound like a millionaire. Go for it. Money doesn't come that easily for me. Also, I know way too many dozens of homeless, for instance, who are where they are because they are lazy, drunk, dopers.

I have known many homeless people over the years. The huge majority of them are mentally ill to a certain extent. Illness is the most common reason for their addictions. I can't think of a single one who would choose a live of addiction and homelessness over the life you are so fortunate to live (regardless of how meager your income might be). I also know a few who are homeless due to current economic problems, and they are suffering from a mental illness known as depression, yet they cannot afford to get help for their illness.

You say that "because they are lazy, drunk, dopers." they are homeless, but are all of these symptoms rather than the disease itself? How would you know either way?

Quote:
Far more often than you are aware, that "victim" did something that would have enraged anyone (like default on a debt).
They say a fool and his money are soon parted. Whose fault would it be if a homeless person were to "default" on a debt? The lender or the borrower? In many cases I think you will find that a bully or thug will fabricate a "reason" to beat down a person and many times it will be some imagined "debt". I have known some of these monsters in my life and I choose not to associate with them. I find much more personal comfort in showing kindness to the less fortunate.


Quote:
Now if it's a little kid, and the attacker is obviously not the parent, and is way out of line for it to be "discipline" that's different, and while I probably WOULD intervene, I'd not hang around and wait to be crucified by this wonderful society of ours, either.
I somehow doubt that you possess the intuitive skill to correctly assess any similar situation. If you are going to offer assistance then do so by calling 911 where they have been trained for it and taking video of the situation for evidence. You could do that for anyone of any age whether they "deserve it" or not.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #105
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 5,427
Liked 2076 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

so for you, defending an innocent person or doing the right thing comes down to a matter of money? you're the type of person that is part of the huge problem we are facing now. doesn't want to get involved because you're afraid you might get sued or worse.

frankly, money or worrying about lawsuits doesn't stop me from doing the right and just thing. i guess i was taught a higher set of values and ethics than you were.

BTW, not everyone wants to carry a gun for their own reasons. again not something i would consider in doing the right thing.
Roger that Axxe,..I hear you. Thats why I KNOW if you were A "CO" i'd follow your lead,..because your like me: do "what's right & Just"....
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #106
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 5,427
Liked 2076 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
Fortunately the Martin-Zimmerman incident is the exception not the rule!!!
If you have not 'crossed the bride' yet (some call it baptism by fire) you don't know just how you will behave in 'combat'! Training helps, but until you are 'in it' you don't know what you will do. MOST PEOPLE will react properly and fall back on their training and instincts, but some will not.
But even for those of us who have 'crossed the bridge', as I said above, it is impossible to predict our exact response. 'Imprinting', which is the process of going over in your head possible scenarios and variables, and training will help somewhat, but here is not substitute for experience.
Well Said Jim! and sadly those of us who have "crossed that Bridge" or gone "downrange" have a second set of issues, doing the "Monday Morning QB" thing in your Head afterwards. I'm still doing it almost 30 yrs. later....
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #107
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 5,427
Liked 2076 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 433

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
I don't think all those "lazy, drunk, dopers" homeless people deserve beatings or extermination. I wouldn't mind a "work for welfare" program.
We have that where i'm orig. from & where I worked: NYC. and let me tell you my brother, it doesn't work because the system is designed to fail people in it from the start...
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,458
Liked 16818 Times on 9746 Posts
Likes Given: 43875

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Roger that Axxe,..I hear you. Thats why I KNOW if you were A "CO" i'd follow your lead,..because your like me: do "what's right & Just"....
thanks DRFootball. much appreciated. i was taught when i took my first supervisory position from an old Navy guy, that to get people to follow you, you had to lead by example. of all the bosses and supervisors i have had over the years, i respected theones that weren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty with us.

though i don't get very religious about things, i see that some day, when i have to face God, and answer his questions about my life, i want to be able to to look him in the eye and say i did the best i could at helping others when i could.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #109
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,055
Liked 7315 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9429

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
thanks DRFootball. much appreciated. i was taught when i took my first supervisory position from an old Navy guy, that to get people to follow you, you had to lead by example. of all the bosses and supervisors i have had over the years, i respected theones that weren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty with us.

though i don't get very religious about things, i see that some day, when i have to face God, and answer his questions about my life, i want to be able to to look him in the eye and say i did the best i could at helping others when i could.
Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgEpfavJR6c
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 24,458
Liked 16818 Times on 9746 Posts
Likes Given: 43875

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
LMAO!!!! friggin hilarious!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How do you beat the heat? MisterMcCool The Club House 31 07-04-2013 05:59 PM
Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars: Armed Citizen mesinge2 Legal and Activism 16 01-14-2011 08:20 PM
Beat me. Go Ahead. Benning Boy General Handgun Discussion 8 11-16-2009 09:22 PM