If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Default If somebody is getting beat or hurt and your armed what would you do?

If you where driving down the street or shopping and you witness a homeless man getting beat kicked spit and getting hurt what would you do? You are a legal ccw owner, how would you handle the situation? I was watching a tv showed called what would you do, they used actors and it was all an experiment to see what bystanders would do. One experiment was with a rubber fake bat as a weapon and the other they were unarmedNone of the bystanders had firearms but say if you did and you legally own and carry one what would you do? Would you mind your buisness and let someone else handle the situation? Would you intervene? Would you unholster your weapon and ask them to walk away then call the police? Would you be mr hero and point your gun at them and attempt to aresst then? Would you just keep walking and ignore it and pretend you didnt see it? Please tell me what you would do if this situation ever happens atleast we would know what the majority of us that carry firearms would do share what you would do and why please

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7323 Times on 4407 Posts
Likes Given: 9000

For me, it depends. If a baseball bat was being used, I'd respond differently than if no weapon was being used. My first response would be to call 911. I wish I would have the ovaries to draw a gun and stop the bad guy in some fashion, but I'm not sure I could/would. Which is why I say "I'm not there yet" when it comes to conceal carry.

People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7452 Times on 4068 Posts
Likes Given: 15344

I would be satisfied with just running the attacker off.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7323 Times on 4407 Posts
Likes Given: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I would be satisfied with just running the attacker off.
But how? That is the best solution but if you just say "cut it out" that might not work. I'm not getting close enough to become a victim myself.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If my shouts do not deter the attacker, a warning shot to the head will certainly stop him.

People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am no hero by a long shot, but whether i were armed or not, i can't just stand by and allow someone to terrorize or assault another defenceless person. it's just not in my nature. i would do whatever i had to, to defend another person. i would also inform LE as soon as possible.

i couldn't look myself in the mirror knowing i walked by and didn't at least try to help another person. i have been known to stick my nose into business that wasn't mine before and i suspect i would do so again.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #7

If somebody was getting physically hurt i would not draw my weapon and i wouldnt engage in hand to hand combat either my weapon might fall out and be used against me. i would tell them to stop. And i would call the police if they ignore and they are still beating the homeless person i would ask them again. to stop and let them know i am armed if they still ignore me or continue beating the helpless person or start walking towards me then i would draw my weapon. if they decide to attack me i would do what is neccesery to save my life and myself only. and hope the police would have showed before that happens. but im not sure if i would shoot to save the homeless man from getting beat to death i would let the police handle that situation. I would be sorry to say all i can do is watch until the police get there. but if my life was threatened and i was attacked by a gang it would be different i i am responsible for my own safety and life but for others i would save myself first if i had kids or a wife getting beat or raped or it was my family then then yes i would take on th full burden. but for a stranger im not so sure the police can handle that at least i can say i tried to help. what would you do?

Old 07-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
If my shouts do not deter the attacker, a warning shot to the head will certainly stop him.
Haha! Now thats how ya do it! If only there wasnt such fragile laws and restrictions and penalties haha thats how it oughta be but unfortunately its not like that :/
Old 07-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I could let a fight come to a finish provided it was just a fight. I could not stand idly by while an innocent or unarmed person was beaten TO DEATH. Or watch a lunatic chew the face off a victim.

People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #10

Anyone that still beats up a helpless homeless man and continues to do it even after a weapon has been drawn deserves to be shot. But unfortunately i am just a civilian i am not law enforcement officer my job is not to protect and serve others. i protect myself and come home to my family and let the police handle the attackers and i wouldnt risk putting myself In a legal battle .i agree with you. but we are in an age where guns are considered to be evil and anti gun prosecutors will look for anything to get you locked up even if you did do the right thing i wouldnt risk it.