Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > And the idiot of the day award goes to....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89

Lol reminds me of my boss. Drives a blue S10 with a red door.
I have spray paint and a paintgun....so my stuff matches although the s10 all my parts came off from damn sure was odd lookin w about 7 colors.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #22

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

I apprecitate your having the courage to bring your lesson to the rest of us, at your expense.

It lets us know that even good, safe, gun handlers are capable of having "senior moments". We should all practice safe habits, all of the time, the alternative is just not worth it.

I bet you will never make the same mistake again, hopefully some of us can learn to never make the mistake from your post.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #23

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Ben, thank you for your honesty in this post and reading posts like this teach me to check and double check. I am terrified of this happening to me. I am so glad no one got hurt and that the gun was pointed in a safe direction. You learned a lesson the hard way. I bet you never have that happen again. I'm glad no one was hurt. But one last thing........why the heck did you have to do that in front of an 'anti-gunner'?
Actually, Winds, she wants one too. Her mom is much worse than she is, as she's coming around to wanting one of her own.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

lol Ben, glad no one was hurt. (except for the carpet, and your pride. )

Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It's not just "senior moments" that we have to be on guard against. During interaction with others, we have to concern ourselves with their moments, or negligence for that matter.

A friend owns a gun shop not far away where I bought and sold myself pre FFL. He's a pretty good guy and a very fair businessman. One day, a guy brought in a .25 semi for trade in. Now, Rick asked if the gun was empty and the fellow swore up and down that it was. Rick, being prudent, went to clear it, but the gun being pretty small and his hands, like big 'ol meathooks, slipped off of the hammer and lo and behold, BANG!! The bullet whizzed by, went through a wall to the parking lot in back, across the lot and into his garage and lodged in a piece of lumber mere inches away from his SUV. Another "Oh s#@t!" moment.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms View Post
It's not just "senior moments" that we have to be on guard against. During interaction with others, we have to concern ourselves with their moments, or negligence for that matter.

A friend owns a gun shop not far away where I bought and sold myself pre FFL. He's a pretty good guy and a very fair businessman. One day, a guy brought in a .25 semi for trade in. Now, Rick asked if the gun was empty and the fellow swore up and down that it was. Rick, being prudent, went to clear it, but the gun being pretty small and his hands, like big 'ol meathooks, slipped off of the hammer and lo and behold, BANG!! The bullet whizzed by, went through a wall to the parking lot in back, across the lot and into his garage and lodged in a piece of lumber mere inches away from his SUV. Another "Oh s#@t!" moment.
I would have been pissed beyond belief if that happened to me.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2718 Times on 1594 Posts
Likes Given: 16678

By nature we are born blank slates. As we mature and grow , we still know very little.We are very flawed in many ways. In time ,we learn , either by stupid mistakes or the teaching of wise and skilled people.We develope routines that are heipful to our very exsistence.It doesn't take much or long to be thrown out these routines.Things happen that normally would not happen when we break that routine and that's all that happened here.
You said you were out of the fire arms thing for a while and this can and does happen to all of us. Good thing it was only carpet and I'm sure that will never happen again,all is good Bro.Sometimes we all need to regroup and reprogram.