I hurt myself today. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > I hurt myself today.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1024 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 225

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

If it was me and the Dr wanting to wait... I'd be using DMSO. Stuff is amazing at helping the body repair muscle and tendon damage.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Actually, Rugby is like American Football except apparently running across a field at full speed and clotheslining someone across the throat making them spin 270-degrees is perfectly allowed and legal in Britain where buttering your toast with a knife is illegal! And the guys who play it? Outta there g****n f*****g minds, all.
Teenage football, I once closed lined a guy once, he was so fast that he could run out of his own shoes. When he woke up, his first words were, what was that...............I think he did a 180 when my arm hit uder his chin.........lol.........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #43
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9667

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Work hard , play harder and live hard leads to many an interesting scar and stories...! Good luck with the story part though , people look at us funny sometimes..?

Heel up and do it again...! Speedy recovery to ya..!
How very true. I have always lived my life with the philosophy of "It ain't if it happens. It's when it happens, and how bad."

It's no wonder that I am 37 years old and I am missing half of my left foot, blind in my right eye, and I have broken 28 of the bones in my body, 13 of them more than once. My favorite hobby? Walking through metal detectors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Man up.............Get ur self one of those rubber bands they use on young steers. The toe will fall off and heal in no time..........
LOL. You are a sick man Wills. I have to wonder, do those steer ever get phantom pains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Actually, I find that it's "What doesn't kill you makes you wish it would." But hey, that's just my own experiences.

Rick, hope all goes well with the toe. Rest up and take it easy. Give yourself time to heal up, and look at the bright side. At least you know what caused the break. When I had the front half of my left foot amputated, I broke the bone behind the big toe. Shattered it is a better description. The thing is, I don't even know how I broke it in the first place, and the toe it's self was not even sprained. Go figure. Anyway.....

Rest and get healed up, and I hope all goes well.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #44

Liked 2018 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. Hey Wlillshoum, I think I will pass on the rubberbands. The pain is getting better. I am hardly using the crutches at all now. They are just something to lean on when I am stuck in one place for a long time. I did not need to take any pain killers to sleep last night. That is saying a lot. I am really bummed about having to miss IDPA and leaving the bike parked for half of the summer. I definately am not going to ride until I am sure it is healed. If I stopped at a light and leaned a little to far to the right I might not be able to hold it up. It weighs something like 675 lbs.

But really everyone...thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #45
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. Hey Wlillshoum, I think I will pass on the rubberbands. The pain is getting better. I am hardly using the crutches at all now. They are just something to lean on when I am stuck in one place for a long time. I did not need to take any pain killers to sleep last night. That is saying a lot. I am really bummed about having to miss IDPA and leaving the bike parked for half of the summer. I definately am not going to ride until I am sure it is healed. If I stopped at a light and leaned a little to far to the right I might not be able to hold it up. It weighs something like 675 lbs.

But really everyone...thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.
I know how that feels man. It sucks. My Harley sat for 13 months when they took the foot. Drove me nuts.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:49 AM   #46

Liked 2018 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

It is pushing 80 degrees here. There are bikes everywhere. I really missed riding today. But at least we went and wandered around Cabelas.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

towboater Likes This