I am looking for something??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > I am looking for something??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I am looking for something??

As i was searching through the threads a few weeks ago I came across something cool that someone had posted. Canebrake i think it was you but i am not sure. It was a pistol training target. it was a round target sectioned into a pie chart. In each section it said what you were doing wrong. For example, in the lower left section it said Squeezing to tight, or anticipating the recoil...etc. i wonder if anybody knows what i am talking about?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

nevermind...thanks to google and a 30second search i found it. Now is it accurate?

Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #3

It's accurate as long as you have a perfect grip and sight picture. So, if you are using it, be sure to go SLOOOOOOWWWWWW. perfect sight picture, perfect sight alignment, crystal clear front sight, and the shot should surprise you. As long as that stays true, the target will be true too. As far as grip goes, I won't stir the hornets nest on how I believe to do it. But those targets are cool because, if you think about what it says, it makes perfect sense!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #4

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://www.bghi.us/targets/rh_correction.pdf

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

And do follow through. Removing the finger (from the trigger) too quick after the shot is fired could move the handgun enough to disturb everything else. Try it as a dry fire. When the hammer falls, striker strikes, etc... take your finger off the trigger as fast as you can. The front sight will move. Now, do it a second time, and release the trigger slowly. The handgun will stay on target. It will have the same affect when you live fire.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I joined a few weeks ago and you guys are great. Today i made my first handgun purchase. I ended up getting a Beretta px4 Storm. I pick it up Monday next week. Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me. I think i will be happy, I shot pretty much everything that I was looking at and did my research. I can't wait.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

Congrats on the purchase. The "you guys" include you, too. A forum is only as good as the input from all members. (Even though some of us (me too) like to "stir things up")

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #8

Happy Birthday!! That Beretta was a nice choice.