how old is old enough? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > how old is old enough?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Not arrogance at all. A range is a business, plain and simple. Word of mouth will kill or cure a business quick as anything out there. IOW word of mouth is the best or worst advertisement. You rattle your trap and show your video to any and all that will listen and the word will spread.

I have done this to more than one business and more than half are no longer stealing peoples money.

A concerted smear campaign will send a message to the board loud and clear to treat people a little better and not listen quite so closely to arrogant windbags with an agenda. I have a feeling the windbag in question here has the ear of one or more prominent members of the board of this range.

Having grown up in a prominent family in the area, and prominent members of the area range (Spent my summers improving and fixing the facilities that others thoughtlessly shot up and tore apart, so you can bet your @$$ i have serious issues with jackasses and unsafe shooters ) i know only too well how "things work".

Also, with what i learned in my younger days, i would never just willy nilly go after a range. I have been on the side of the range in a fight for the ranges survival against outside forces trying to shut the range down (Idiots with money that choose to build their house directly downrange of the high power rifle range.)

The simple point is this, with all the outside attacks against ranges, they really need to work WITH members and not against them. There may be more to this case than i am seeing....but from the evidence in play, the range is WAY in the wrong here. In my day i have MUCH more egregious things that havent resulted in termination of membership.
FMJ seriously man thanks for the support you are a top guy, business runs on money simple as that it does not run on good will.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #72
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyshooter View Post
FMJ seriously man thanks for the support you are a top guy, business runs on money simple as that it does not run on good will.
Dunno 'bout all that.

What i am is a dad that has worked with quite a few kids getting them interested in the shooting sports.

Shooting sports as with hunting and fishing are dieing through atrophy. We need MORE well trained young shooters for our sport to continue, not less.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #73
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Shooting sports as with hunting and fishing are dieing through atrophy. We need MORE well trained young shooters for our sport to continue, not less.
I'm curious what lead you to this conclusion. IDPA membership increased in record numbers to an all time high just recently if I recall correctly the newsletter they sent out a few months months ago. Also every range I go to is packed with a few hours wait, all day-everyday, unless you get there 30 minutes to 1 hour early and wait in line.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #74

I agree more young blood will make the whole sport grow, from shotguns to target.
it would be good to see all clubs and ranges busy every night every week.
this would help all the clubs invest in better services and range products.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #75

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyshooter

Rusty you are one lucky guy the thought sounds like heaven.
Gee I've just constructed a little berm out back. Got about 150 yard range.It's allright.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #76
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9028 Times on 5245 Posts
Likes Given: 11917

Quote:
The problem is people not knowing the full picture before they spout of and open there mouths.
which in turn leads to uninformed people giving opinions which are incorrect or just unbalanced.

none of what i said was apparent in the video! because no one bothered to ask.
OK, here you say that I spouted off and opened my mouth and I was uninformed. Yes. True. I was uninformed because you did not present all of the facts. My opinions are just that. My opinions. They are not incorrect or unbalanced, they are based entirely upon the information that you provided and nothing more.

Quote:
the only reason is mention you may have a axe to grind was your initial response that the club was correct was very sort sighted and club minded!
I am not a club member nor am I club minded. I have no axe to grind. I think both you and the club have valid points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusecho View Post
Shady- you posted the video with a description of the scenario and asked the forum's opinion on it. The opinions you received were based on your OP. Now you don't like those opinions so you think everyone has an axe to grind with you?

Maybe you could have provided those details about someone else watching the kids also or whatever you thought was important to state your case.

Instead you accuse people here of having some type of club based agenda against you...lol

Sounds to me like your attitude is getting you kicked out of the club and they are just using this video incident as an excuse.
Yeah. Those details should have been provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Funny ,he keeps adding details according to what makes him look good. Weird
Makes me question the validity of the details.

Quote:
wow what happened to i wont take offense? i apologies if i caused you concern or upset it was not my intention.

You are right i add information as i wanted genuine results, i am very surprised by the new comments.
no one at the club asked if i was alone they just presumed which shows the intent before we start.

i think the issue is being used by the club as a test bed for which others will suffer. with my new clubs i wont have the same issue as they are very safe as you would expect but relaxed.

i did not want to cause an offense viking dad as you said let me have it all i said was you comment was a little club sided without asking questions.
My bad. I am not offended, I am just annoyed. The burden of information is on you, not on me.
Quote:

any way with all the positive info and support the problem is solved thanks guys your help and supportive comments have given me renewed support in the shooting community.

which means by boys can continue with this sport and grow to be real men not call of duty drones!
Keep up the good work with your boys. You are doing a good job.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
OK, here you say that I spouted off and opened my mouth and I was uninformed. Yes. True. I was uninformed because you did not present all of the facts. My opinions are just that. My opinions. They are not incorrect or unbalanced, they are based entirely upon the information that you provided and nothing more.

I am not a club member nor am I club minded. I have no axe to grind. I think both you and the club have valid points.

Yeah. Those details should have been provided.

Makes me question the validity of the details.

My bad. I am not offended, I am just annoyed. The burden of information is on you, not on me.

Keep up the good work with your boys. You are doing a good job.
Viking i did not aim my spouting comment at anyone i definatley did not mean you, your comments and observations are considered and thoughtful. i appreciate i could have or should have added more detail at the outset but i wanted to see if anyone asked the question.
whats more important to me is my boys have not shot for 3 weeks now and as a proud protective father i want them to.

there gun craft is getting better with drills and they love it, nothing beats shooting for me and my lads will be educated in the sport and introduced to new elements as they grow bigger and stronger.
again thanks for you help and understanding.

Last edited by shadyshooter; 04-27-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #78

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Wish I could have watched the vid before it was taken down. From what I've read I'm glad you got the youngsters eye pro. and assuming they are wearing ear pro. too. Seen eye pro protect the eyes a few times while at the range.
I've shot all sorts of guns in the Navy and with the Army and it doesnt take a wiz kid to figure out who has a very good safety practice/discipline. With that being said it doesnt mean there a crack shot just very safety minded.
Safety isn't just the shooters responsibilities it's everyone's

Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #79

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Shadyshooter~
Is there an age limit at the range you shoot at? If there is ask to see it then look for another range. If there isn't then he can stick that to young sshhtuf up his a$$.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #80

sand squid eyes ears and safety first!
minimum age is 8 years old and they don't deserve my money we have gone to a new club!!!