How To Keep Range Neighbors Happy - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > How To Keep Range Neighbors Happy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 575 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Great post, 03. And I agree with Vincine's post - we should all reflect manners to others. It will only do good for us gun enthusiasts.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 04-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #12

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
JD, the subject of the thread is about gun ranges, not private property, and how to keep the people living nearby to the gun range happy so everyone is happy.
My property is zoned as a gun range. Does that satisfy you? Believe it or not virtually all gun ranges are on private property. I never opened a gun range but the paperwork is complete and in the courthouse. Once I got the zoning ordinance approved I decided that a private or public range was a bad idea. Boy was I right on that one!

Last edited by John_Deer; 04-15-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
My property is zoned as a gun range. Does that satisfy you?
not fully understanding then about the trespassers then. do you charge people to shoot there? how is it zoned as a gun range if it's private property?

a few more details would help us understand a bit better.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #14

Quote:
not fully understanding then about the trespassers then. do you charge people to shoot there? how is it zoned as a gun range if it's private property?

a few more details would help us understand a bit better.
It seems like a man of your ever flowing fountain of knowledge that you have to get a business approved by the county before you can open a business. The way that the county approves many businesses is by zoning the property for that business. That way years down the road someone can't have your business closed by a complaint. They have to go to the county board of commissioners to have the zoning laws changed to do much beside gather a petition.

When the subdivision was built my land was not posted. Anyone that wanted to hunt here was welcome. I let the people that moved into the subdivision ride their 4 wheelers on my property, hunt, shoot, use it like it was theirs.

Then I discovered you cannot be kind to the public at large. They will see your property as public land. They will attempt to control what you do with your property because it interferes with their use of your own land.

Now I just hang up the phone when someone from the POA calls. My lawyer will be in his office, they can talk to him.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #15

i guess i see things a bit differently. i have fences around my property and "No Trespassing" signs and that private property is for private use, not for the general public.

maybe where you live, you may have to get approval and permission from the county, but i don't. i live outside the city limits and can put in any business i so please to without any permits or fees.

Last edited by Axxe55; 04-15-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 PM   #16

Quote:
i guess i see things a bit differently. i have fences around my property and "No Trespassing" signs and that private property is for private use, not for the general public.

maybe where you live, you may have to get approval and permission from the county, but i don't. i live outside the city limits and can put in any business i so please to without any permits or fees.

You are sadly disillusioned. You have to have a business license to open a bank account in the name of your business. All US land is zoned in one way or another even the remote areas of Alaska. You have to provide the county with an environmental impact statement and so many other things that are a mile over your head to open a business anywhere in the US. Selling collards from the back of your truck does not count as a business.
nchunt101 Likes This 
Old 04-16-2014, 12:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
You are sadly disillusioned. You have to have a business license to open a bank account in the name of your business. All US land is zoned in one way or another even the remote areas of Alaska. You have to provide the county with an environmental impact statement and so many other things that are a mile over your head to open a business anywhere in the US. Selling collards from the back of your truck does not count as a business.
a business license or bank account has not one thing to do with what i can or can't do on my property. a business license only has to do with a person operating a business, regardless of where they are located.

sorry, but my land must not be zoned or must be multi-zoned. i can use my property in any way that suits me. i could build a business, build a house, put in a subdivision or a trailer park if the mood hits me. i am not limited in what i can or can't do on my property. in simple terms, there are no zoning restrictions that i have to abide by.

funny i know of several people operating business's in our county that never had to provide a environmental impact statement.

Last edited by Axxe55; 04-16-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:26 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2215 Times on 1313 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

Take it from someone who has lived it (in CO). If you have neighbors who are prejudice against guns and people who own and use them there is nothing you can do to get along with them short of getting rid of all your guns and NEVER shoot!

Old 04-16-2014, 02:44 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Gun Range to Truck Garden collard hate wow.... This thread delivers....

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This 
Old 04-16-2014, 03:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
Gun Range to Truck Garden collard hate wow.... This thread delivers....

i have never once in my life sold a collard! not once, as in never!
People Like This