How I practice shooting. What do you think? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > How I practice shooting. What do you think?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Oh, my goodness! That was an interesting little internet tiff. Jack, are you aware that your reply reads like you're the, 'king of this forum' or something! (And all because I called you out on a silly mistake.) Well, I know better than to be drawn into an internet argument with someone like you; so, all I'm going to say is, yes, you are wrong; and your ego is about 10 sizes too large for your hat size.

You're right about one of the observations you've made above: I was talking specifically to you; but, that's because, in the little time I've gotten to know you, you are unquestionably someone with a desperate need to (Ready?) 'get even'.

Not going to go there with you, Jack - Nope, wouldn't be prudent. So, try to live with being criticized. In time you'll get over it; and, if worse should come to worse, remember: IT'S ONLY THE INTERNET! Life goes on, Jack; and, with your ego, if you continue to throw little tiffs like this then you're going to be nothing but sad and angry all of the time.

That's it, Jack. The field is yours; I'm out of the thread. Try to have a nice day for yourself - OK. (Gee, I can't get over the feeling that I just spoke with royalty, or something!)

PS: My eye just caught it; you write better than average, Jack; but, the word is, 'techniques'. Thank you for paying me the compliment of, 'learning from me' as you say.

(I was, kind 'a, hoping that you wouldn't; and, yet, apparently you have! Know what? I'm genuinely impressed.)

Last edited by G21.45; 09-13-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
Oh, boy! I'm debating: Should I make you some of you guys smarter, or just remain quiet?

I've been training people how to shoot for almost 25 years. I've seen it all; I've done it all, too.
With the "eye-rolling" emoticon and the comments which follow, I'd say this is an inappropriate and thinly veiled attempt at self-aggrandizement...which is disappointing considering your other posts G21.45. I haven't seen you in a long time, so I hope you don't reply like this on whatever other forum you call home...Jack is a well respected supporting member on this forum and certainly doesn't deserve a slap-down by you or anyone else over a topic as mundane as this one

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 09-13-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #13

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

G21 you roll in here stating that you have. "Done it all and seen it all". But, you will not post targets or video's of your exploits to show any proof.

I can kill people at 3000 yards. But I don't need your approval so I will not post any. That is a big statement

Jack on the other hand doesn't make statements like that on this board. He is a valued and respected member that doesn't give bad advice (Unlike yourself). He treats posters with respect (Again unlike yourself). IIRC your post a year ago were not that good either.

I suggest that if you want a fight you will find a rather large HORD of Supporting Members standing side by side in a formation known as a phalanx. I would choose wisely for the truth will set you free and the lies will get you hit with the Rabid Ban Hamster.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm on Jack's side, just for the record. My first thought after reading your initial post was, "oh well! please excuse us little peons!!"

That said, I'm not overly impressive with shooting a pistol.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
You are unquestionably someone with a desperate need to (Ready?) 'get even'.
You are correct about that Sir, but in my defense, I like Colt 1911's and S&W's and I am only protecting and marking my territory...........

Jack
calvin-1.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

HOLY CRAP!!! ROFL!!!! That's just wrong.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #17

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I would like to share this "true to life" training video and feel that all "NRA Instructors" or any instructors, no matter who they are or how long they have instructed firearms training should watch. One should become familiar with many different forms and styles of firearms training techniques for well rounded experience and learning and to pass that knowledge on to your students.

The ETADIK form of firearms instruction and training is a proven, applied, verified and certified form with proven results and training for military, and one of many forms of training and instruction, that I personally attended. Also, feel free to view the other fine training/shooting videos contained on that same page, if one looks, you may see someone familiar in one.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

G21.45, I'm calling you out.

Your post is wrong, and you are uninformed. You are teaching bad habits to your students, and I believe you may get someone killed.

Quote:
I'll be honest with you: I don't need the glory and don't feel like posting any of the particulars over the internet.
Don't puff up your chest and act like the big dog around here without having the guts to back it up.

I gather you are an NRA Certified Instructor. What level of firearms handling to you teach, and what is your real world experience to cause you to have such an ego?

Tell me yours, and I'll tell you mine.........

Old 09-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #19

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You know some one would have to be a real loser to come on the internet and pump up their chest the way G 21 did. Im 37 years old and have been shooting since I was 9 and while I may know a tiny bit more than the average joe about fire arms and shooting I dont come online and pretend to know it all. Thank god my golf instructor doesnt have that kinda of attitude. people can brag about their shooting skills all day long but the reality is that most shootouts happen at close range like within 7 yards and whoever keeps their cool will probabley win the gun battle. Oh and my favorite trick for good trigger pull while zeroing a rifle is putting a dime on the end of a cleaning rod and see if you can pull the trigger without the dime falling off. I learned that in the army before going to the range to qualify with my M-16 a2 and I still practice that way today

Last edited by tiberius10721; 09-14-2009 at 06:44 PM.