How far away from home can you use lethal force? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > How far away from home can you use lethal force?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'll stand by my point, thanks. If you've actually heard or read of "shooting to wound" being recognized as a legitimate concept by any court anywhere, let me know. Remember, Spartan said that that concept "applies in most jurisdictions."

I'd like to know if anyone out there believes that Spartan is really a cop with "15 years of self defense training and knife and weapons training". Besides the "shooting to wound" issue, among other things, Spartan (1) does not know that silencers are NFA-controlled devices and are otherwise illegal under Federal law; (2) advocates drawing a knife and leaving your gun in its holster when under attack at close range; (3) does not know that firing a gun at someone constitutes a use of deadly force; and (4) claims to hold a Washington CHL as well as numerous out-of-state CCW permits, and says that "there are only about 4 or 5 states i cannot carry in." (for those who don't know, since 2004, active or retired law enforcement officers may carry concealed in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of local statutes, by Federal law.)

Spartan is not a cop, and has received no training anywhere. I don't state that as "my opinion"--I state it as fact.

It would be easy for Spartan to prove me wrong without revealing his identity; he could just tell us the name of the training facility or program where he was taught to "shoot to wound" and to pull a knife instead of a gun at close quarters. I will contact that facility or program and verify the information (as can anyone else) and confess my error here, complete with abject apology.

Don't hold your breath.

Of course, even then, there's still that little matter of why a cop would go to the trouble of getting CHLs--and even taking classes!--to carry in states where he already had that right, if he were really a police officer...

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-20-2007, 03:09 AM   #12

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It appears that Spartan has left the building.

Good.

"No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney."

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #13

If your life or your families lives are in danger and you live in a castle doctrine state there is no certain amount of distance

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT