How About A Rattlesnake Defense Strategy? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > How About A Rattlesnake Defense Strategy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #71
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8271 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Factory CCI Snake shot won't cycle my 22/45 either. I used it to kill over 100 rats and it didn't cycle it one single time.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
Rattlesnakes do far more good than harm. If you see one, before you are bitten, just back off and let them go their own way. After you are bitten it is okay to shoot them, because after the effects of the bite, you will hate yourself for letting it get away. I will say though that it is hard to kill any snake with a pistol. The only way to get a quick kill is to take the head off and it is a small target. Rounds placed in the body of the snake really pisses them off.

In your yard is a different matter. These snakes tend to keep to the same hunting areas, and if they appear where you walk on a regular basis, then you might want to dispatch them. I live in the woods and am frequented by the snakes and I have killed some huge rattlers in my yard. As long as they don't hunt where I walk I leave them alone.

I have been bitten by a pit viper, although it was a copperhead, not a Rattler. It is an experience that is not, at all, worth the bragging rights, and should be avoided at all costs.
I bet the 410 buck shot round would tear a snack up pretty badly! I understand there importance, but I still don't want them near me, particularly near children!! Snakes are good at blending to there surroundings!! Similar to a BG, I would have to assume its either kill or be bitten(shot) and its dead snake before bitten me!! The few snakes that man kills probably doesn't disrupt natures balance!!

Old 07-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
I bet the 410 buck shot round would tear a snack up pretty badly! I understand there importance, but I still don't want them near me, particularly near children!! Snakes are good at blending to there surroundings!! Similar to a BG, I would have to assume its either kill or be bitten(shot) and its dead snake before bitten me!! The few snakes that man kills probably doesn't disrupt natures balance!!
Snakes are not in any way aggressive towards people around where I live, and this includes rattlesnakes. You leave them alone and their only thought is to get the Hell away from you. The only time I will do anything about a snake is when they are inside my sheds or house. Usually I will just remove them to another part of the property where they can continue on their rodent patrol.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Snakes are not in any way aggressive towards people around where I live, and this includes rattlesnakes. You leave them alone and their only thought is to get the Hell away from you. The only time I will do anything about a snake is when they are inside my sheds or house. Usually I will just remove them to another part of the property where they can continue on their rodent patrol.
You have at it my friend!! I will spend a life time learning from you how to live with rattlesnakes before I actually take up the practice!! Be safe and God speed-

Old 07-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #75

Liked 983 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
The few snakes that man kills probably doesn't disrupt natures balance!!
Tell that to the buffaloes.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

Tell that to the buffaloes.
Completely different starting with there reproduction process and speed and there illusiveness to name a few

Old 07-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #77

Liked 983 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

The reference is to when we hunted them to extinction in the 1800's....

Old 07-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
The reference is to when we hunted them to extinction in the 1800's....
The reference was not lost. But the buffalo made for an easier target by a long measure!

Quote:

Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I do not kill RS unless they are where they do not belong. So I agree with most of what you say. But copperheads and water moccasins, DRT!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I do not kill RS unless they are where they do not belong. So I agree with most of what you say. But copperheads and water moccasins, DRT!
Yeah, we don't have them around here. Thank God.

Quote: