the heat of battle ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > the heat of battle ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm going for center mass and following up with 3 more rounds. sorry no room for sentimental bull**** when it comes to the point of shooting, while you are trying to aim for his hand I will have already ended my situation of danger while you are just prolonging the time until you pull the trigger giving them even more time to shoot first.
edit: and they should be cracking down on ''peaceful pot heads" Unless I happened to over look the fact that marijuana is now legal.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:39 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Everybody makes their own decisions on this kind of topic; let's just hope they live to re-evaluate them. Center mass shots play comparatively well in court, where things can really get ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
edit: and they should be cracking down on ''peaceful pot heads" Unless I happened to over look the fact that marijuana is now legal.
Bigger problems & better reasons, IMO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #23

Likes Given: 3

Default come on

, If you " support " our law enforcement, how can you be in favor of the drug war ? ....
.. .. I thought this was a libertarian forum ? It's meant to fail, just like every other war. The war on guns, illiteracy, terror. I am a social conservative, when it comes down to it, and a deeply moral person, i abhor abortion, I don't even do drugs, but I know you can't legislate morality on other ppl. just because some self-serving beurocrat signed something into law doesn't mean i have to obey it. .. rly I expected better from firearms talk. ... .... Even if the rug war was legitimate and could be efficient, the government has no business telling me what i can put in my body. read about the history of opium and the british conglomerates that made it illegal. ...
... was prohibition good for us ? good god, history repeats itself, i guess.
I thought we were the vanguard advancing civil liberty and personal responsibility.

..If you want to learn about what a leo should be, go to Veteran Benefit | Government Surplus Auction | Bumper Stickers For Cars at Oathkeepers.com.
study the constitution, read it slowly.
What I represent is rule of law and common decency and I see it being eroded vastly and scientifically by a concerted effort of crazy, power-mad people.

If SWAT is really needed for organic stores and AMISH people, MELON FARMERS selling their produce without an fda certification to their neighbours, then the organic farming / back-to-the-land movement in this country should be recruited as navy seals. ....
. . . . ridonkulous, clearly something more is at play here then our best interest .. ..
You trust ppl wihth guns, but not with drugs ? how is that freedom ?
i guess guns are protected in the constitution, we should've had an amendment protecting psychoactive substances.
Just because someone is wearing a uniform or suit or even sitting in the oval office doesn't mean we can't question the legitamacy of their actions when our government has been co-opted by outside forces. That's why we have the 1st and second amendment.

marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Old 07-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe View Post
... I thought this was a libertarian forum ? ...
No, it's a firearms forum. I'm afraid this topic has gone to the political wayside.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
No, it's a firearms forum.
Yup. There are many different points of view or political leanings represented here; we do try to disagree in a reasonably civil manner on political/legal issues, if we don't agree. Sometimes i have difficulty with that.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #26

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Tailypoe,

Have you ever actually spent any time at a range firing

any pistol?

Because if your actual pistol accuracy is half as good as you

think it is, you should shoot in competition.

Tell us about your tightest group at 25 yards.

There's a very good reason we all shoot for COM.

And generally use our pistols to clear a path to our rifle. This aint

Hollywood, and accuracy, amongst other things, is NOT

a given...

Old 07-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Tailypoe,

Have you ever actually spent any time at a range firing

any pistol?

Because if your actual pistol accuracy is half as good as you

think it is, you should shoot in competition.

Tell us about your tightest group at 25 yards.

There's a very good reason we all shoot for COM.

And generally use our pistols to clear a path to our rifle. This aint

Hollywood, and accuracy, amongst other things, is NOT

a given...
Oh thank god - i thought I was just really really terrible at pistol shooting
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #28

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe View Post
, ... If SWAT is really needed for organic stores and AMISH people, MELON FARMERS selling their produce without an fda certification to their neighbours, then the organic farming / back-to-the-land movement in this country should be recruited as navy seals. .... .
I Googled "SWAT" and "Amish" and got some interesting results. Depending on which link is chosen we can certainly get more than one side to that story. And out of all the times a SWAT team was legitimately deployed and succeeded in resolving a dangerous situation, I'd say the isolated incidents you refer to pale in comparison. Those incidents were the exception, not the rule. Do you really think most SWAT team members are your enemy? The sheriff involved in your story had received threats from the farmers and so felt justified in calling in the team. Sure, individuals can make mistakes and bad judgement calls - would we do any better when we are in their posiiton of responsibility? Are you really going to criticize all SWAT teams based on this incident?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #29

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Tailypoe,

I’m a little confused here, you talk like your living in the US and are an American but you live in Victoria, British Columbia and the last time I checked that was in Canada? Have you lived in the US or is all your knowledge from the internet and books? Sorry, your opinion does not hold much water for me.

I’m not familiar with Canada’s gun laws other than I had to get a special permit to take my handguns into Canada for the International Police Olympics but from what I’ve read y’all don’t have as much gun freedom as we in the US do. If I’m wrong please let me know.

Scubie

Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

you go around intentionally shooting people in the hand leg foot etc "just to see how it goes" and you will be tried for intentional torture.

if i was the goblin's lawyer i would argue: since you had time to aim you must not have been in eminent threat of loss of life or bodily harm. therefore you intended to shoot my client just for jollies to "see how it went". so my client could not possibly have done what you claim and was just a simple bystander this thug criminal *pointing in your direction* victimized...

and yes, when they search your property the defense attourney and DA or what passes for that in BC will dig through your computer and read everything you have ever posted in email, twits, forum postings etc

you aim center mass and shoot till the goblin stops threatening your life and person.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-13-2011 at 10:07 PM.