Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > the heat of battle ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #122

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Actually, SmithKid, I think that the people that actually PREPARE (not just buy the gun and load it) are more ready for a violent encounter and always on the lookout for it (Condition: Yellow) for the express purpose of AVOIDING the encounter altogether. So in a strange sort of way, the ones that are fully prepared and conditioning themselves for danger are much less likely to be involved in an encounter an actually need their firearm. Strange, huh?
Actually, this makes a lot of sense to me.

All the crappy stuff which happened in my

life was the stuff I was unprepared for.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:04 AM   #123

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailypoe View Post
you're right, but i can de - finitely hit any bad guy's hand if he isn't jumping around, provided i'm in the same room. at dusk, shaky, off sights, whatever, if you're right across the room and you can't plug a hand, your coordination is wiggedy wiggity wack. I can get decent groups at ten yard, garaunteed. Anyone with two eyes and ten fingers can . .. ..
. . . .
Are you human? are you aware of what a reactionary gap is?it takes me less than a second to lug over a table and go for your throat with my bare hands or a knife or whatever weapon i have, even if you have gun in hand locked cocked and ready to fire you need to bring your pistol to bear on that tiny target as its flying through the air at you, i already know what youll do. youll bring it to bear on ME and twitch shoot and i can almost guarentee you wont hit my hand youll hit me. and FYI if you shoot center mass and the guy drops you can call 911 and the paramedics will drag that persons sorry ass to the emergency room and probably save him. A gunshot wound isnt nearly as fatal as hollywood makes them out to be.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM3TenraiSS View Post
A gunshot wound isnt nearly as fatal as hollywood makes them out to be.

actually its more horrible. **** never heals fully. and center mass depending on what, makes for alive or dead with one shot.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #125

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM3TenraiSS View Post
Are you human? are you aware of what a reactionary gap is?it takes me less than a second to lug over a table and go for your throat with my bare hands or a knife or whatever weapon i have, even if you have gun in hand locked cocked and ready to fire you need to bring your pistol to bear on that tiny target as its flying through the air at you, i already know what youll do. youll bring it to bear on ME and twitch shoot and i can almost guarentee you wont hit my hand youll hit me. and FYI if you shoot center mass and the guy drops you can call 911 and the paramedics will drag that persons sorry ass to the emergency room and probably save him. A gunshot wound isnt nearly as fatal as hollywood makes them out to be.
If someone is lunging at me, I'm aiming for whatever i can hit, duh.
Also, yeah, I'm a human, And yeeaaah, anything that goes right through your chest cavity will probably kill you.
marlin 1895sbl, g 30sf, wilson KZ45, & more
hoplophobia. : irrational fear of weapons as opposed to people.
odd : " oppositional defiance disorder. ", AKA having a spine. me to a tee.

... if the mafia was any bigger, it'd be our govt.
god guts gold guns, yeehaw
NAGR>NRA
45≠fat

Old 08-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #126

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Another thing to consider is a person's determination, pain threshold,

and mission orientation. I've mauled myself OTJ many times, and have

a high pain threshold. Were I determined enough, for instance,

( bear in mind I'm a poor example, because I'm busy with

my own life, and would probably never attack you) merely

shooting my hand, in all probability, would not stop me.

Were I to determine I needed to actually needed to shoot

another person,(God forbid, never have, probably never will)

I would not be aiming for their hand.