Has anyone read "Combat Shooting with Massad Ayoob"

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Has anyone read "Combat Shooting with Massad Ayoob"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Has anyone read "Combat Shooting with Massad Ayoob"

Has anyone read it? Is it worth reading? Practical knowledge?

Thanks
Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 254 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I have it and yes it is. Very instructive.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Massad Ayoob is a very entertaining writer. I read his articles on IDPA shooting. I would have done better if I just went without preparation. IDPA must be a completely different game in his area. The safety officers wouldn't let me do most of the things he suggested. If you have never shot IDPA don't use your EDC holster. Use a bucket you can easily re holster the gun in, not a concealment holster. No one that shoots IDPA uses a true concealment holster.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #4

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have that book and it's great. There are a lot of good things to pick up on in there.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #5

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sounds good. I think I will pick it up. Thanks

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me