Gunsite Academy Thoughts? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Gunsite Academy Thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
I hear good things about the USSA in Tulsa. Have yet to check them out personally.
I looked into them as they are accredited by the state of OK. I've also heard good things about them around town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #12

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I looked into them as they are accredited by the state of OK. I've also heard good things about them around town.
A couple of the guys at work have memberships of some kind out there. They say the facility is very nice.

Prices seem reasonable for what you get as well. I'll be making the trip soon to see for myself.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Wait, wait, I thought jrags original question was if anyone had any expirience with Gunsite. So far the single comment having anything to do with Gunsite was one who had "heard" it was not what it once was. I to, would like to hear from someone who has actually been there in the last two years regarding what kind of experience and was it worth the money. Don't get me wrong, I would also love to train at Thunder Ranch, Magpul, Sig Sauer Academy and a bunch of other facilities mentioned, but the question was about Gunsite, does anyone have first hand knowledge of Gunsite?
As for USSA in Tulsa I can't tell you much about their training oher than they have a lot of trainers and adjunct instructors, almost all with a lot of military, LEO, or both experience. I did attend the 2011 "Polite Society Tactical Conference", put on by Rangemasters (Tom Givens) at the USSA facility in Tulsa, and it is indeed a top knotch venue.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

When I saw the DVD and all the follow up from Front Sight, my thought was "Finally, someone who knows how to market the gun culture."

Gunsight, Front Sight, Thunder Ranch... I'd jump at the chance for a weekend at any of them.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA