Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Gun TV and new Shooters

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GlockRenegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 603
Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Default

Me and my 9 yr old daughter have watched every episode of American Guns, she has also watched most of the Top Shot serious. Now i believe this educates her for the most part, specially since she knows the 4 rules and how important they are. Anytime i see one of the rules broken on a show, im quick to point it out and make her see how easy people forget.

__________________
GlockRenegade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
Resident Lurker / Retro AR nut
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sputnik1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Bluegrass state
Posts: 2,803
Liked 659 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 1783

Default

Saw an episode of Cajun pawn stars where a guy brought in his Glock and 1911 field stripped and couldn't figure out how to reassemble them. Then they acted like it would take a an expert to get them back together, idiots.

__________________
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. - John Wayne

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR
sputnik1988 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 40
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I saw that too, Sputnik...swore that would be the last time I would watch that show. It was beyond corny and stupid.

__________________
flyspooky is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,266
Liked 3698 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
Saw an episode of Cajun pawn stars where a guy brought in his Glock and 1911 field stripped and couldn't figure out how to reassemble them. Then they acted like it would take a an expert to get them back together, idiots.
Last season the same idiots paid full retail for a reproduction muzzle loader

It's all Hollywood

This weekend a LaMatt civil war revolver walked into the Vegas Pawn Stars. According to the expert there were only 2900 built and were supposed to believe a guy who knows what he's got would think his top dollar is going to come from a Pawn Shop.

Goofy.
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #15
Resident Lurker / Retro AR nut
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sputnik1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Bluegrass state
Posts: 2,803
Liked 659 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 1783

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Last season the same idiots paid full retail for a reproduction muzzle loader

It's all Hollywood

This weekend a LaMatt civil war revolver walked into the Vegas Pawn Stars. According to the expert there were only 2900 built and were supposed to believe a guy who knows what he's got would think his top dollar is going to come from a Pawn Shop.

Goofy.
Saw that and totally agree, but for some reason, I continue to watch.
They make Chumlee out to be an idiot, but you can tell every now and then that he's pretty knowledgeable.
__________________
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. - John Wayne

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR
sputnik1988 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,266
Liked 3698 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
Saw that and totally agree, but for some reason, I continue to watch.
They make Chumlee out to be an idiot, but you can tell every now and then that he's pretty knowledgeable.
I saw Chum on Top Gear. Don't recall what he drives but it was a spendy car...I think the guy does ok with whatever he earns for the show and he does occasionally show knowledge is the item is shoe or video game related.

However, I can not count the number of times I've seen him and Cory stroll up to the firing line swinging a loaded pistol with thier booger hookers on the bang switch.

These two idiots would be examples of why I started this thread and the example there putting out there.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,929
Liked 2326 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I saw Chum on Top Gear. Don't recall what he drives but it was a spendy car...I think the guy does ok with whatever he earns for the show and he does occasionally show knowledge is the item is shoe or video game related.

However, I can not count the number of times I've seen him and Cory stroll up to the firing line swinging a loaded pistol with thier booger hookers on the bang switch.

These two idiots would be examples of why I started this thread and the example there putting out there.

Tack
Last I saw he drove a masserati. Makes around $25,000 an episode, and is a bumbling idiot.
__________________

Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

kytowboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
bow shooters! unclebear Other Weapons 4 11-20-2011 06:46 PM
.243 Shooters Billdogge Hunting Forum 11 10-01-2011 12:26 PM
.222 Shooters jeepcreep927 Ammunition & Reloading 0 02-20-2011 09:31 AM
New Shooters laynejc Training & Safety 13 05-19-2010 02:38 AM
6 vs 5 shooters FlavoredGorilla Revolver Handguns 17 12-01-2007 03:18 AM