Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Training & Safety (
-   -   Gun Storing (

JonM 12-25-2010 09:44 PM

Gun Storing

Bullets go off like popcorn after Georgia man forgets gun in oven
July 3, 2010
By The Associated Press
COLLEGE PARK Cooking with gas and a loaded gun is a recipe for disaster.

Antoine Boutte of College Park was storing his .40 caliber Smith & Wesson in the bottom of his gas stove. It was there when he and friend Christopher Henderson decided to make a late-night snack.

Authorities say Boutte cooked some food on the stove at his home at around 3:30 a.m. Saturday. As the oven heated up, the weapon's magazine started to melt in the gun well causing the spring and bullets to come out.

The bullets started going off like popcorn. Police say Henderson opened the stove and was hit in the stomach by part of a bullet casing.

He was treated for his injuries, which police say were non-threatening.
i know the oven is the very first place i think when i need to stash my guns. how many of you store your weapons in the oven??

SHSBulldog06 12-25-2010 10:30 PM

Wow, that makes me want to change my location status on here...

CA357 12-25-2010 10:32 PM

c3shooter 12-25-2010 10:55 PM

Gee- I always keep mine in the freezer...........:rolleyes:

JonM 12-26-2010 12:50 AM

ahh now thats an idea. freeze the whole gun saves time when you need those ice bullets!!

HunterMarksman338 01-23-2011 09:56 PM

:confused: What the? The guy left the gun in the oven?? Wow. I have a Mossberg Mav.88 and I store it mounted on my bed side with this thing here...

The-BackUp | The Bedside Gun Rack

Course I didn't pay that much, I bought it off a friend.

Ovens.... still... not a good place to store.... The person must have been drunk at the time..... maybe.:rolleyes:

c3shooter 01-23-2011 10:57 PM

(Insert obvious jokes about "hot" guns, and snide remark about drawbacks of polymer framed firearms here) :p

NickW 01-24-2011 05:51 PM

Einstein said it best when is comes to people like that.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

amoroque 01-24-2011 05:54 PM

Dont people watch myth busters anymore? LOL

A gun can fire a bullet with lethal force if stored inside a hot oven.

The Mythbusters placed a loaded .38 caliber revolver inside a hot oven pointing towards the oven door. Once the temperature was high enough, the gun automatically discharged and sent the bullet out of the oven, which could potentially kill anybody who happened to be standing in front of the oven.