Gun Shop GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Gun Shop GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Oddly enough, I was hatched in '67 too. I have seen a LOT of so-called professionals do very stupid things on the range, both on my Dept range and working an indoor range and outdoor range in Tucson for a while. Threw an FBI agent off the line once for stepping forward of the line to retrieve fallen magazines. I do have to confess, he bribed me to come back on - how often do you get the chance to fire an MP-10?
We don't normally wear armor, other than stab resistant, but I wear a IIIA vest every time I go to qualification.
I used to shop at the SW in Marana, nice place, nice people. When I worked at the indoor range/gunshop, I did occasionally have to remind some "customers" that the dangerous end needed to be NOT pointed at any other people or pets in my store. I was usually listened too, perhaps because the gun I was wearing was loaded as opposed to the one they were waving, or perhaps because I can be very persuasive when I want to be.
"That little holey thing is where the little bullety thing comes out"

Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #32
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgirl

Well...I spun around, but didn't really have to do anything. Jay was one of the people with me that day, and he was still up by the line and had dealt with the R.O. before I even had time to holler. He had my back.
Good for you, Jay! It just goes to show you that you should always have backup if you can get it. There is no substitute for another person who will step up, armed or no, to defend you.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)