Gun Shop GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Gun Shop GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

A...B...Cuu

Old 08-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #22
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

To be realistic, there's not much you can do to a customer, but personally I would've found the manager and told him what the customer did, that his clerk did nothing, and that's why me and my $1,200 was walking out and not purchasing anything at his store. No manager? Go home and pit it in a letter - someone needs to be reamed over that incident

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I work in a gun store...I've lost count how many times I've been swept.
I've also cleared lots of "unloaded" trade-ins or transfers and popped rounds out. My boss was clearing an "unloaded" Enfield once...out popped a .303, followed by six of his closest friends.
But the topper of all that, is one time being on a cold range changing targets and hearing the R.O. call the range hot, telling everyone to load and go forward... there's some pucker factor, right there.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #24

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I get nervous at bass pro and other big name stores. So, I found a hole in the wall to shop at. I am usually the only one in there. The old fella doesn't stock much, but he is reasonably priced, and the only sweeping is done by the vacuum.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #25
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgirl
But the topper of all that, is one time being on a cold range changing targets and hearing the R.O. call the range hot, telling everyone to load and go forward... there's some pucker factor, right there.
Jetgirl, do you just hit the ground when you hear that call, or do you flip around first so you can try to engage the R.O. BEFORE you die?!?! Wow, that would have really caused my stress level to shoot right through my head! Sprint, dodge, duck!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgirl View Post
I work in a gun store...I've lost count how many times I've been swept.
I've also cleared lots of "unloaded" trade-ins or transfers and popped rounds out. My boss was clearing an "unloaded" Enfield once...out popped a .303, followed by six of his closest friends.
Holy crackers. I know right!

I was repairing target stands when I was teaching at the academy. I had the range red-flagged (no one was scheduled to shoot for an hour or so), and the Deputy Cheif of a nother department brought his gf to the range (without his wife) and started popping off rounds while I was at the 25 yard popper stand!

You can better believe I ripped him a new and bloody bunghole right in front of his GF and told him in no uncertain terms that I would start paperwork if I EVER saw him on MY range again.

Just goes to show you....even so-called professionals are immune to common sense and good judgement sometimes.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Jetgirl, do you just hit the ground when you hear that call, or do you flip around first so you can try to engage the R.O. BEFORE you die?!?! Wow, that would have really caused my stress level to shoot right through my head! Sprint, dodge, duck!
Well...I spun around, but didn't really have to do anything. Jay was one of the people with me that day, and he was still up by the line and had dealt with the R.O. before I even had time to holler. He had my back.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #28
Jay

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts

Professional range officer... not hardly... just the hall monitor part of his employment.

Lets just say that I'll never make the guy's Christmas list..

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Old 08-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #29

You know how i feel after reading the last paragraph on my signature!!!!

"Life's rough, then you die!"

An expert is a man 50 miles from home with a breifcase.

A rookie gangster to an old timer, "Why do we hold the gun sideways"
Old timer, " Idiot, thats the way it came out of the box!"

Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #30

Liked 169 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Oddly enough, I was hatched in '67 too. I have seen a LOT of so-called professionals do very stupid things on the range, both on my Dept range and working an indoor range and outdoor range in Tucson for a while. Threw an FBI agent off the line once for stepping forward of the line to retrieve fallen magazines. I do have to confess, he bribed me to come back on - how often do you get the chance to fire an MP-10?
We don't normally wear armor, other than stab resistant, but I wear a IIIA vest every time I go to qualification.
I used to shop at the SW in Marana, nice place, nice people. When I worked at the indoor range/gunshop, I did occasionally have to remind some "customers" that the dangerous end needed to be NOT pointed at any other people or pets in my store. I was usually listened too, perhaps because the gun I was wearing was loaded as opposed to the one they were waving, or perhaps because I can be very persuasive when I want to be.