Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Gun Shop GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1817 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 2049

Default Mr. Majestic....

If I don't know you and you point a gun at me in a store, even in jest, and the idiot says it ain't loaded.......You will have your arse in a sling and so will the idiot behind the counter......This is what i'd call a reason to open up a can of wuppppppp Arse..........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sorry you had to deal with that ALM.

IMO you should write Sportsman's Warehouse. I guarantee you business is worth more than the risk of "ofendizing" Mr. G Homey.

While shopping for my XD .45 years ago I stopped into the SW in Clackamas Oregon and for the first time in ever, met a gun clerk who knew as much as I did about the gun I was interested in and better yet...the guy was NOT a gun store commando. Great experience.

TACK
@ Tack

Sportsmans is usually pretty good, most of the guys who work there are enthusiasts, or semi-retired types who have some years behind the trigger so I can't lay a blanket indictment on the whole store. The archery guy there is TOPS, he really knows his stuff. Real gun shops around here are pretty good too. I have a pretty good relationship with the owners, most of them know me from way back when before I retired, and as a competitive shooter and trainer.

@ usmcpro

When I was teaching at the academy, if a greenie ever broke muzzle discipline, after my "Sgt Bear's Gun Safety Speech" or violated MY safety rules on MY range thereby embarrassing MY profession, and proving themselves unworthy to be a student at MY academy (Yeah, I got this speech from a retired USMC Master Gunnery Sergeant), he would spend the entire week "policing" every bit of brass and debris on the range before he was released for evening meal, and of course he/she would earn an extra five mile run up "Killer Hill" in full uniform and duty gear. Of course, I would always follow them on their run (on an ATV with a nice cold 64oz soda chock full of ice). It's funny how effective negative reenforcement could be.

@ ahole

Negative on that, but thanks for the offer! I live 40 miles outside of Mesa...and I like it that way. The closest thing we have to a gang out here is the local Four H and FFA kids. But...I do have to drive in there a couple of times a week though...UGH. I can't wait til my wife retires from the department, and we can move up to our house in Show Low full time.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
I went to Sportsmans Warehouse this afternoon to pick up some primers. While I was there, I stopped at the gun counter to see what was to be seen...you know...because you kinda HAVE TO.

As I was talking to the "kid" behind the counter, another "kid" came up and looked at a Taurus PT111 (subcompact 9mm) as he "axed" for a "Lil nine millimetuh wid' a clip."

The kid behind the counter handed him the PT and G-Homey started holding it sideways and flagged me twice in a fast back and forth. Personally, I don't even like a rubber band gun pointed my way, so I flinched myself away and told him politely, yet firmly to "Be careful there partner, a feller don't like to see the hole in the end of those things pointing at him."

"Awe man, it ain't be loaded!"

"Well, it might AIN'T be, but they all IS be when you're handling them. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep it pointed at that nice big brick wall."

Little turd flagged me again with an arrogant look in his eyes.

The kid behind the counter said nothing, so I figured he was just as ignorant as this knucklehead with the Taurus.

I didn't say another word, I couldn't, not at that moment so I turned and walked away....I had to or I was going to beat him to a bloody pulp right in front of everyone. I mean, literally, I was boiling mad...the kind of mad that will lead to NO good whatsoever. I mean the kind of mad, where I was thinking I would wait outside the door, then pummel him into sawdust. Self control obviously got the better of me, and I got into my truck and drove the extra 20 miles to Bass Pro to get primers.

UGH. So...the message here is...I don't know...venting frustration, because I am betting I am preaching to the choir. But (expletive deleted by poster)...really? Really?

Just be safe all...
Whoa ...!!!
I thought it was me who wrote this.
Can there be two of us in the universe?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Whoa ...!!!
I thought it was me who wrote this.
Can there be two of us in the universe?
I don't know about that...I was born in 67. I think you have a few years on me.

By the way, Thank you for your service and Welcome Home. My oldest brother was there in 69-70. He never made it back.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Born in '67? Geez, that's the year I entered the Air Force.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5475 Times on 2861 Posts
Likes Given: 355

i mighta called the cops and lodged a complaint goblin X threatened me in sportsman warehouse with a gun... let nature take its course from there. i pay a lot of taxes for police might as well get some use and amusement out of it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

wow I would have put that guy on the floor after that, people like that annoy me.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

there should be a law, if you dress and act and talk like a peice of sh*T Thug gangster, wanna be. then you cant buy a gun,,..
matter of fact before you start filling out the paper work you should have to say the ABC's that will really hurt them

Old 08-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

A LOT of people buying guns do that. They may even sweep everyone in the shop. BUT, the fact that you pointed it out and he STILL dod it....smugly no doubt!! He shouldn't be allowed to buy a gun at all until he grows up and gains some respect for others and safety.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymaker17 View Post
there should be a law, if you dress and act and talk like a peice of sh*T Thug gangster, wanna be. then you cant buy a gun,,..
matter of fact before you start filling out the paper work you should have to say the ABC's that will really hurt them
"Yeah man...uuuhhhhh...what come aftah B?"