Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Gun Shop GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default Gun Shop GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I went to Sportsmans Warehouse this afternoon to pick up some primers. While I was there, I stopped at the gun counter to see what was to be seen...you know...because you kinda HAVE TO.

As I was talking to the "kid" behind the counter, another "kid" came up and looked at a Taurus PT111 (subcompact 9mm) as he "axed" for a "Lil nine millimetuh wid' a clip."

The kid behind the counter handed him the PT and G-Homey started holding it sideways and flagged me twice in a fast back and forth. Personally, I don't even like a rubber band gun pointed my way, so I flinched myself away and told him politely, yet firmly to "Be careful there partner, a feller don't like to see the hole in the end of those things pointing at him."

"Awe man, it ain't be loaded!"

"Well, it might AIN'T be, but they all IS be when you're handling them. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep it pointed at that nice big brick wall."

Little turd flagged me again with an arrogant look in his eyes.

The kid behind the counter said nothing, so I figured he was just as ignorant as this knucklehead with the Taurus.

I didn't say another word, I couldn't, not at that moment so I turned and walked away....I had to or I was going to beat him to a bloody pulp right in front of everyone. I mean, literally, I was boiling mad...the kind of mad that will lead to NO good whatsoever. I mean the kind of mad, where I was thinking I would wait outside the door, then pummel him into sawdust. Self control obviously got the better of me, and I got into my truck and drove the extra 20 miles to Bass Pro to get primers.

UGH. So...the message here is...I don't know...venting frustration, because I am betting I am preaching to the choir. But (expletive deleted by poster)...really? Really?

Just be safe all...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 156

We stopped by a different range and while they don't sell firearms, they have an incredible collection of rentals. Before the clerk even removed one from the case, he made a point of stating where he wanted the business end pointed. Major fail WRT the shop.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2579 Times on 1355 Posts
Likes Given: 197

If the dumb azz could not understand a verbal lesson, I would have introduced him to Mr. Concrete and filed Deadly Conduct charges against him. The store employee would have been out of a job for allowing such behavior.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
If the dumb azz could not understand a verbal lesson, I would have introduced him to Mr. Concrete and filed Deadly Conduct charges against him. The store employee would have been out of a job for allowing such behavior.
I am retired, and no longer carry my badge unless I travel out of state with my HR218 permit, and there is no law against stupid. As such, I no longer have any legal authority to do anything other than give a firm verbal, which I did. IF I had done anything physical (as much as I really really really wanted to), I would have been looking at assault charges at a minimum, as I had reasonable belief that the pistol was, in fact unloaded, as I saw it removed from the display, it was chamber checked and slide locked back, by the kid that worked there. It would even be a fair chance that I could have caught an assault charge if I had simply taken the gun away from him. That would largely depend upon the store emplyee and the attitude of a responding officer. I was in Mesa, and probably would have been "okay" there...but if pressed by G-Homey, it still could have wound up in court. It still doesn't mitigate the fact that G-Homey was a jerk, and totally non-kosher in his handling of the pistol.

At BEST, MAYBE it could have been a "misconduct with firearms" but even that would be a stretch, assuming an officer would have been close by enough to catch and respond to the call before he simply walked out. Then, taking it another inch...had anyone tried to detain him, it would have been "false imprisonment"....a whole can of worms opened, that frankly, I wouldn't deal with, because I know better...it was just one of those moments when an idiot was let out of the house without adult supervision. He made no verbal threat, so even a "threats and intimidation" charge would have been without foundation. As I said, there is (sadly) no law against stupid.

My best option was to walk away, and I took that route....but still...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Given the circumstances, you are probably right....no recourse.

Had I not witnessed the transfer of the firearm from the store Do Nothing to Mr. G. Homey, he (Mr. G) would have been staring down the muzzle of Mr. Colt 1911!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I hadn't realized there were homeboy types in Mesa. You did the right thing, but stupid should be painful.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I hadn't realized there were homeboy types in Mesa. You did the right thing, but stupid should be painful.

Trust me...they do. A lot of wannabe types, but there are some real deal old school bangers coming through. Mesa PD does a better than fair job of staying on top of it...but you still get them.

This guy had WANNABE written all over him though. Any real so-called gangsta would eat this turd for breakfast. He was no more a real gangsta than I am. He was just one of those types who tries to dress the part and act the part.

The real bangers seems to wind up in south Phoenix (28th Street and Broadway) come immediately to mind as a "ground zero". Central Mesa, and some parts of Tempe have little clusters here and there. The real banger also keep a lower profile than the wannabes tend to.

But I completely agree...stupid should hurt (a lot).

Old 08-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #8

Liked 4518 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Sorry you had to deal with that ALM.

IMO you should write Sportsman's Warehouse. I guarantee you business is worth more than the risk of "ofendizing" Mr. G Homey.

While shopping for my XD .45 years ago I stopped into the SW in Clackamas Oregon and for the first time ever, met a gun clerk who knew as much as I did about the gun I was interested in and better yet...the guy was NOT a gun store commando. Great experience.

TACK

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 08-15-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #9

hell, i watched my buddy tackle a cleveland PD cop cause he flagged him, twice, while standing on the firing line. Mentor cops came and let him go, boy that made the cleveland cop mad as hell, which was totally worth it. anything to piss off CMPD

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #10

Likes Given: 1

Default Homeboyzzzzzz

If you dont have enough of the retarded homy yo what up dawgs, I know we got a lot we would love to send to you in MESA. jackson ms is to full of them. It would be a grate place to live with out the chrome rim $500 cars, that dont know the difference between a high point and a kimber.