Gun Safety
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Gun Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun Safety

Does it offend anyone else to have an unloaded gun pointed at them? I was taught that all guns whether loaded or not should not be pointed at people.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2732 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default Safety

It absolutley offends and scrares me to have a firearm pointed at me. I ALWAYS follow the rule that a firearm is ALWAYS loaded. I always treat them as such and expect others near me to do the same.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #3

Default Absolutely !

I take it VERY hard when a firearm is pointed at me - and reserve the right to draw and return fire. Unless you are a total moron, pointing a muzzle at any living thing is an act that tells me you have no respect for that life. I WILL protect my life.

Any idiot who tells you it is not loaded STILL deserves to be shot.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootSlowly View Post
Does it offend anyone else to have an unloaded gun pointed at them? I was taught that all guns whether loaded or not should not be pointed at people.
About the only situation where I would not go ballistic is if the gun in question is a revolver and the cylinder has been removed and I can clearly see that has been removed. And that's iffy...I may still flip out.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Every weapon is a loaded one, and as such should not be pointed at something that you do not wish to destroy.

-Bidah

Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Scares the living crap out of me! That's the reason you can never have enough safety when it comes to any firearm

Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Huh! What is this, some sort of trick question?

Here's the latest version of Cooper's Four Rules Of Firearm Safety. There is never an acceptable reason to make an exception - Never! You should burn them into you brain until you're able to repeat them in your sleep.

1. The gun is always loaded!

2. Never allow the muzzle to point at anything you are unwilling to see destroyed!

3. Never put your finger inside the trigger guard until after you’ve made a conscious decision to fire!

4. Clearly identify your target, and what is behind it!

Old 05-29-2008, 02:21 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

All guns are loaded. Period!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I don't take too kindly to it.

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #10

Quote:

Every time.. In fact I get pissed when folks post their "look how bad ass I am" pics with their tacticool mossberg 500's (or insert other "black" weapon here) pointed at the camera.. Guns are "always" loaded and always dangerous. Pointing a gun at someone is a hostile act and will be treated as such.. Period.

-Peter