Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Gun Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/gun-safety-1171/)

ShootSlowly 07-10-2007 03:54 PM

Gun Safety

Does it offend anyone else to have an unloaded gun pointed at them? I was taught that all guns whether loaded or not should not be pointed at people.

robocop10mm 07-10-2007 06:19 PM

Safety

It absolutley offends and scrares me to have a firearm pointed at me. I ALWAYS follow the rule that a firearm is ALWAYS loaded. I always treat them as such and expect others near me to do the same.

allmons 07-11-2007 03:45 PM

Absolutely !

I take it VERY hard when a firearm is pointed at me - and reserve the right to draw and return fire. Unless you are a total moron, pointing a muzzle at any living thing is an act that tells me you have no respect for that life. I WILL protect my life.

Any idiot who tells you it is not loaded STILL deserves to be shot.

:eek:

bkt 07-11-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootSlowly (Post 4233)
Does it offend anyone else to have an unloaded gun pointed at them? I was taught that all guns whether loaded or not should not be pointed at people.

About the only situation where I would not go ballistic is if the gun in question is a revolver and the cylinder has been removed and I can clearly see that has been removed. And that's iffy...I may still flip out.

Bidah 07-11-2007 09:46 PM

Every weapon is a loaded one, and as such should not be pointed at something that you do not wish to destroy.

Tony Soprano 08-15-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Scares the living crap out of me! That's the reason you can never have enough safety when it comes to any firearm

G21.45 05-28-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

:eek: Huh! What is this, some sort of trick question?

Here's the latest version of Cooper's Four Rules Of Firearm Safety. There is never an acceptable reason to make an exception - Never! You should burn them into you brain until you're able to repeat them in your sleep.

1. The gun is always loaded!

2. Never allow the muzzle to point at anything you are unwilling to see destroyed!

3. Never put your finger inside the trigger guard until after you’ve made a conscious decision to fire!

4. Clearly identify your target, and what is behind it!

CA357 05-29-2008 02:21 AM

All guns are loaded. Period! :mad:

ScottG 05-29-2008 05:18 PM

I don't take too kindly to it.

live2offroad 05-29-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Every time.. In fact I get pissed when folks post their "look how bad ass I am" pics with their tacticool mossberg 500's (or insert other "black" weapon here) pointed at the camera.. Guns are "always" loaded and always dangerous. Pointing a gun at someone is a hostile act and will be treated as such.. Period.

-Peter