Glock goes off in holster - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Glock goes off in holster


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
How do you explain the increase in gun violence in England in the years since the gun laws changed? If the guns were confiscated and destroyed, how can there be gun violence? Simple answer...Criminals.
Mainly deaths caused by Afro caribeans, who are trying to take over parts of London, and who are drug dealers. The weapons are smuggled in through our Ports on ferries etc.hand guns plus rifles.
In essence gun crimes in the U.K. according to Official figures have dropped dramaticaly sincs Dunblane, and the gun Laws tightened up.
There are however, more crimes being carried out by youths with knives.

Jungleman
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Sorry bud, the kids don't have many other places to gather socially; we don't allow those under 18 to hang out in bars and such. If they are going to go bonkers and shoot any number of their friends, they will just have to do so at school.
Seems a sensible answer at last. Has anyone taken the time and trouble to try and help these kids. or isn't anyone bothered?.

Jungleman
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntpain1775 View Post
Yep, and it was in California, Not Texas. And it was discovered he was playing with it inside the back pack when it went off. The whole "I dropped it" or "It just went off" excuse doesn't work.

Hey, last week I watched a wheel literally shear off the axle on a car going down the highway. Driver lost control and hit a few other cars.

Last week when we had all these storms hit us, 4 people died when a tree fell on them. One was a baby.

A few weeks ago a guy was sitting at a train crossing...train derailed and one of the cars flipped over, crushing and killing the guy waiting at the crossing.

So, should we not have wheels on our cars? Trees in our yards? Railroad crossings?

As far as school shootings, yea they happen. Crime happens everywhere. Simply making a law doesn't prevent crime, if it did we would have no need for jails. If you want to talk about crime in the US, let's also talk about crime in the UK. Let's also use the "think of the children" argument. Then let us figure out why per capita the UK has a higher crime rate than the US. Let's take a look at schools in the US that do allow guns, like Colorado, Utah and Vermont. Not a single negligent discharge, not a single murder, not a single accidental death due to a firearm.

If you want to carry without a round in the chamber then that is up to you. But to go around saying it is dangerous is nothing short of a lie, and does nothing but try to induce fear into people over a loaded gun. It can even get someone killed. And it is exactly that sort of incremental fear that leads your country to not allow it subjects to carry a gun.

It has been discussed in great detail in this thread that a loaded weapon has almost zero chances of firing when it is dropped. There is no danger of carrying a loaded weapon if you know what you are doing, train with your equipment, maintain it and understand how to use it. A modern weapon does not just go off, a trigger must be pulled. A 1911, for example, is designed to be carried with a round chambered, hammer cocked and on safe. It has a grip safety, a thumb safety and a series 80 safety. All of those must be disengaged and the trigger pulled before it goes off. Period.
According to M14srock, he heard it on several news agencies, that the loaded weapon did in fact fall from the childs pocket, so my stating, that carrying a round up the spout is dangerous is rubbish, as according to you, it's impossible, try telling the parents of the three other children that were shot. accidents do happen, like the A10 Warthogs in the Gulf War that mistook Brit Tanks for Irakis, and shot and killed all the crews of both, What excuse would that scenario produce?. (And I do not blame the pilots, as even in war, mistakes are made, and we Brits have made some as well).
Sorry, but I had to laugh when you said, a wheel came off a car etc, whilst driving a Morris Marina patrol car the rear O/S wheel sheared the studs, and the wheel passed me, design and metal fatigue blamed and all taken out of service.Accidents will hapen in every walk of life, but I do feel that seemingly everyone carries a gun in the USA, does not help matters.When I was in CA in 86, there were reports of car drivers driving into LA, who were impatient, wanted to change lanes, other drivers refusing to give way, and guns being fired in a road rage situation.I was there, so I know it happened.
In a strange way, I am pleased we have such stringent Gun Laws in the U.K.
I think I would live in constant fear should I happen to live in the USA.
END OF.

Jungleman
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gruntpain1775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: butler township,Arkansas
Posts: 94
Default

If you think guns are the reason for crime, you really pretty blind as to how the world works. I'm glad that you enjoy living in a country where people are subjects and are not allowed the god given right to defend themselves. I'm glad I live in a country where I am not a subject, but a citizen. And a citizen we can toss out our leaders and rule as we see fit. This includes gun ownership. If it makes someone nervous or scared that people carry guns here, that's their problem. They can leave if they wish, and go live in a place where they must bow to a crown. If you are personally pleased that your people are not allowed to carry guns, fine. Don't chastise us for being a more responsible society and placing the protection of yourself, family and property in the hands of the people.
__________________
You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass- Trooper M. Padgett
gruntpain1775 is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #85
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dzscubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Paso,Texas
Posts: 2,521
Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
According to M14srock, he heard it on several news agencies, that the loaded weapon did in fact fall from the childs pocket, so my stating, that carrying a round up the spout is dangerous is rubbish, as according to you, it's impossible, try telling the parents of the three other children that were shot. accidents do happen, like the A10 Warthogs in the Gulf War that mistook Brit Tanks for Irakis, and shot and killed all the crews of both, What excuse would that scenario produce?. (And I do not blame the pilots, as even in war, mistakes are made, and we Brits have made some as well).
Sorry, but I had to laugh when you said, a wheel came off a car etc, whilst driving a Morris Marina patrol car the rear O/S wheel sheared the studs, and the wheel passed me, design and metal fatigue blamed and all taken out of service.Accidents will hapen in every walk of life, but I do feel that seemingly everyone carries a gun in the USA, does not help matters.When I was in CA in 86, there were reports of car drivers driving into LA, who were impatient, wanted to change lanes, other drivers refusing to give way, and guns being fired in a road rage situation.I was there, so I know it happened.
In a strange way, I am pleased we have such stringent Gun Laws in the U.K.
I think I would live in constant fear should I happen to live in the USA.
END OF.

Jungleman

And in 82 my wife was a passenger in a car, my son was in the back seat and a
bus driver entered a Cambridge roundabout at 42 mph and broadsided her car. My wife was killed and my son was sent to the hospital with a compound fracture to his left femur. Oh and the wonderful British ambulance took my son to the hospital WITH his motherís body,, he was 3. It took over a year before the police would give me a police report or ANY information on the accident. The driver got 3 points on his license and my son lost his mother for life Ö sounds fair donít you think. Violence happens in all countries, auto, domestic, gun and stupidity. The country takes some responsibility but most should be placed on the individual. I am scared stiff when driving in England as Yíall drive like nuts.


Scubie
__________________
"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing."
JW Hardin
Dzscubie is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,541
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
According to M14srock, he heard it on several news agencies, that the loaded weapon did in fact fall from the childs pocket, so my stating, that carrying a round up the spout is dangerous is rubbish, as according to you, it's impossible, try telling the parents of the three other children that were shot. accidents do happen, like the A10 Warthogs in the Gulf War that mistook Brit Tanks for Irakis, and shot and killed all the crews of both, What excuse would that scenario produce?. (And I do not blame the pilots, as even in war, mistakes are made, and we Brits have made some as well).
Sorry, but I had to laugh when you said, a wheel came off a car etc, whilst driving a Morris Marina patrol car the rear O/S wheel sheared the studs, and the wheel passed me, design and metal fatigue blamed and all taken out of service.Accidents will hapen in every walk of life, but I do feel that seemingly everyone carries a gun in the USA, does not help matters.When I was in CA in 86, there were reports of car drivers driving into LA, who were impatient, wanted to change lanes, other drivers refusing to give way, and guns being fired in a road rage situation.I was there, so I know it happened.
In a strange way, I am pleased we have such stringent Gun Laws in the U.K.
I think I would live in constant fear should I happen to live in the USA.
END OF.

Jungleman
The problem with this, is that in LA it is all but impossible to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Always has been. So the criminals know it is safe to shoot at other people. All of the road rage incidents were attributed to copy cats because they wanted to get onto the TV. Every time a freeway shooting gets a slot on the news, there is a spate of copy cat shootings. Once the news moves on, the shootings stop.

In our states where concealed carry is legal, gun violence is almost not even measurable. Simply put, an armed society is a polite society.

And I read the reports of the 6 year old with the gun on several internet news feeds that I subscribe to. Nothing on the radio yet.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
And in 82 my wife was a passenger in a car, my son was in the back seat and a
bus driver entered a Cambridge roundabout at 42 mph and broadsided her car. My wife was killed and my son was sent to the hospital with a compound fracture to his left femur. Oh and the wonderful British ambulance took my son to the hospital WITH his motherís body,, he was 3. It took over a year before the police would give me a police report or ANY information on the accident. The driver got 3 points on his license and my son lost his mother for life Ö sounds fair donít you think. Violence happens in all countries, auto, domestic, gun and stupidity. The country takes some responsibility but most should be placed on the individual. I am scared stiff when driving in England as Yíall drive like nuts.


Scubie
As a then serving Police Officer in 82, I cannot believe our Police were so lax in giving you a report, had it been me, I would have kicked up bloody hell with the Cambs Chief Constable, sheer idle neglect, for what it's worth Scubie may I give you my most sincere apologies on behalf of the GOOD Coppers.
I was just leaving La Jolly?. (Up the road from San Diego, when the 4x4 I had rented, suddenly decided to drive on the same side as I do in the U.K. and I nearly got T boned myself, but on the whole, I enjoyed the hospitality of the folks I met, as usual there is always one bad apple in the barrel.just a case of finding it!
Jungleman.
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dzscubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Paso,Texas
Posts: 2,521
Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
As a then serving Police Officer in 82, I cannot believe our Police were so lax in giving you a report, had it been me, I would have kicked up bloody hell with the Cambs Chief Constable, sheer idle neglect, for what it's worth Scubie may I give you my most sincere apologies on behalf of the GOOD Coppers.
I was just leaving La Jolly?. (Up the road from San Diego, when the 4x4 I had rented, suddenly decided to drive on the same side as I do in the U.K. and I nearly got T boned myself, but on the whole, I enjoyed the hospitality of the folks I met, as usual there is always one bad apple in the barrel.just a case of finding it!
Jungleman.


Actually, when the police told me they could not give me any information until after any legal action was taken I did not understand this. I went out and ended up talking to people and trying to find out what happened (basically did my own investigation) and after two days of this I came back to my room and found three British police waiting for me. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was interfering with a police investigation and if I did not stop they would escort me to the airport and I would be removed from your country. As my son was still in the hospital (New Addenbrook) I could not raise that much or a ruckus as I did not want to be kicked out of England. I was told that no report could be released to prevent mistrials.

I donít harbor any hard feelings for England, itís people or your laws, but It does show such a great difference in cultures.

Scubie
__________________
"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing."
JW Hardin
Dzscubie is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #89
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gruntpain1775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: butler township,Arkansas
Posts: 94
Default

Even dragging it behind a truck won't set it off...

__________________
You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass- Trooper M. Padgett
gruntpain1775 is offline  
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #90
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntpain1775 View Post
If you think guns are the reason for crime, you really pretty blind as to how the world works. I'm glad that you enjoy living in a country where people are subjects and are not allowed the god given right to defend themselves. I'm glad I live in a country where I am not a subject, but a citizen. And a citizen we can toss out our leaders and rule as we see fit. This includes gun ownership. If it makes someone nervous or scared that people carry guns here, that's their problem. They can leave if they wish, and go live in a place where they must bow to a crown. If you are personally pleased that your people are not allowed to carry guns, fine. Don't chastise us for being a more responsible society and placing the protection of yourself, family and property in the hands of the people.
Guns are not the reason for crime, they are the CAUSE of crime, give a man a gun, (Only stupid ones I may add) and he thinks he is named RAMBO and all he needs to do to rob a shop or person is to brandish a gun, and Hey Presto, he gets what he wants, lets face it, who is going to argue with a man who has a gun at your head?.I too am a Citizen of England, I do not bow to anyone and never will, I am anyones equal!! we elect the prevailing Government mainly on their pre election promises, but once they get into power, they suddenly forget what they promised, much the same as your elected government.And as for the "God given right" to own guns, who gave you this right, not God, as firearms were not invented 2000 yrs ago, No. it was the prevailing government at the time of your Constitution was written up, how many ordinary Joe Blogs got a say in that ?.

Jungleman
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Best Glock Holster Gloves Glock Forum 14 01-14-2011 08:40 PM
glock 21 holster Mossyoakman3006 Glock Forum 0 08-31-2010 01:32 AM
Holster for a Glock 30 208GunGeek Glock Forum 8 01-11-2010 03:27 AM
glock 34 holster roosterjuicer Glock Forum 2 02-26-2009 01:49 AM
Glock 30 Holster help!! bigboomer37 Glock Forum 5 01-11-2009 06:53 PM



Newest Threads